***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

I must say this game is incredible so far the main story is around 40-50 hours if you’re looking to take your time in its story mode, but if you just stick to the main quest it's 35hrs some say 30hrs confusing I know! And then I read there are 46 trophies/achievements to unlock in Hogwarts Legacy will take 70hrs or more to 100% completion by this rate I will be playing the game for sometime yet:) I remember when Skyrim came out 2011 with magic in fact it's 11 year old still have new mods, I hope Hogwarts fans continual this game for year to come on Nexus mods.

The only let down in 4K is why is the forest\buildings colours looked washed out, there is a work around with HDR but the dev team needs fix it.

Last edited:
I must say this game is incredible so far the main story is around 40-50 hours if you’re looking to take your time in its story mode, but if you just stick to the main quest it's 35hrs some say 30hrs confusing I know! And then I read there are 46 trophies/achievements to unlock in Hogwarts Legacy will take 70hrs or more to 100% completion by this rate I will be playing the game for sometime yet:) I remember when Skyrim came out 2011 with magic in fact it's 11 year old still have new mods, I hope Hogwarts fans continual this game for year to come on Nexus mods.

The only let down in 4K is why is the forest\buildings colours looked washed out, there is a work around with HDR but the dev team needs fix it.

Yeah in HDR the game is beautiful on a proper HDR display but there's a fair few places the team need to work on, Namely texture resolution.

I wish certain aspects of gameplay were slightly different, Broom and mount seem really slow IMO.

Yeah there's a few textures in the dark forest that really aren't up to par and face masks are off a little.

Some other places though that are more frequently tread look great though, Like Hagrids shack.

efawdVq.jpg

What is going on with your screenshot? Is that a Steam screenshot? Here's one i've just taken using xbox overlay..... not a story spoiler, but dont look if you're not past level 10 or so.

80GYZ9R.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah in HDR the game is beautiful on a proper HDR display but there's a fair few places the team need to work on, Namely texture resolution.

I wish certain aspects of gameplay were slightly different, Broom and mount seem really slow IMO.

Textures do need updating, I can't get use to that broom the mount is ok for me as for HDR it's old Dolby Vision in games is the way to go IMO I won't use HDR night\day on my OLED TV for gaming so I play in SD mode without the sun glasses:)

Last edited:
What is going on with your screenshot? Is that a Steam screenshot? Here's one i've just taken using xbox overlay..... not a story spoiler, but dont look if you're not past level 10 or so.

I took it with HDR on and it saves 2 versions, An HDR version which looks way overblown on non HDR displays and a non HDR version which looks washed out.

Also the game's got weather cycles so it does get a little drab now and then :D

Last edited:
OK. I now want a first person mod. I was trying to have a nice look around a little cabin but my character just got in the way of everything.
I want to soak up the atmosphere not look at the back of my head!

OK. I now want a first person mod. I was trying to have a nice look around a little cabin but my character just got in the way of everything.
I want to soak up the atmosphere not look at the back of my head!
Should be doable, I mean theres a VR "mod" so thats basically first person

Fisrt 10 hours were great - after that I have got bored rather quick. Too much needless padding and pointless "stuff" to do.

I will probably just concentrate on the main quest and any sides that look interesting from now on.

We're not allowed to talk about anything other than gameplay according to a previous mod, Even if it's based around the game only gameplay discussion is allowed.
Hah yeah, that was mostly mine and Aorus's fault. Blame me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, Its a great game, just needs a few tweaks. Spell slot system still annoys me though, the more spells I get the more annoyed I become.

Spell slot system still annoys me though, the more spells I get the more annoyed I become.
Indeed.
Especially once I started getting room of requirement stuff that take up spell slots...
Just gimme a special spell slot list that only works in the RoR and free up the slots I have set aside purely for moving/adding stuff, feeding animals etc

This could really do with an online duel mode and a co op horde like mode in the future.

I took it with HDR on and it saves 2 versions, An HDR version which looks way overblown on non HDR displays and a non HDR version which looks washed out.

Also the game's got weather cycles so it does get a little drab now and then :D
The washed out one is HDR, just saved as jpeg which has no capability to display the HDR tone map which would otherwise be there. If you screenshot via GFE then that saved HDR screens as jxr format (iirc not used it in a bit) which is HDR, you then have to tonemap it using a free HDR to JPEG viewer tool on the Windows store. The overblown one is what sounds like tonemapped just way out of whack so fit for the bin. The former way is the only way to get reasonable tonemapped to jpeg HDR screenshots, and even then it's not perfect.

Far as I am concerned the SDR game looks fine enough, things are bright where needed and there's zero faff when it comes to recording or screenshots, so I don't bother playing games in HDR any more. Still benefit from OLED gaming of course so am not losing out on much.

Last edited:
The washed out one is HDR, just saved as jpeg which has no capability to display the HDR tone map which would otherwise be there. If you screenshot via GFE then that saved HDR screens as jxr format (iirc not used it in a bit) which is HDR, you then have to tonemap it using a free HDR to JPEG viewer tool on the Windows store. The overblown one is what sounds like tonemapped just way out of whack so fit for the bin. The former way is the only way to get reasonable tonemapped to jpeg HDR screenshots, and even then it's not perfect.

Far as I am concerned the SDR game looks fine enough, things are bright where needed and there's zero faff when it comes to recording or screenshots, so I don't bother playing games in HDR any more. Still benefit from OLED gaming of course so am not losing out on much.

rjbbJAs.gif

HDR even on oled can completely transform how a game looks.

Hogwarts is no days gone, god of war, doom eternal in terms of HDR but it still looks noticeably better than SDR.

You heard! it's overrated! And not all games that do have it implement it the same way either, and also the stuff above :p

PUIVjly.gif

But agree, it can be hit and miss, need more examples like doom eternal but still, it's a remarkable improvement when done well especially on the AW qd-oled, makes my gl e7 look pretty poor in comparison :(

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Yes if all games had Doom Eternal's implementation of basically everything GFX tech-wise then we would be the ultimate gaming platform, period. Sadly that game will forever be the benchmark that no other game can ever match if recent trends continue.

Doom Eternal = "You want Ultra Nightmare everything, no need for DLSS, yes to great HDR, yes to ray tracing, and still want over 150fps at 3440x1440? Here you go"

Last edited:
I think if you lower the difficulty level to easy then you will likely get rid of this. I haven't tried but it would make sense based on what happens with the hard mode.

Have you ever tried colour blind glasses?

Something like this could be a game changer if it works?
Thanks for your response & sorry for the late reply.
I'll consider 'easy' difficulty for certain fights as a last resort.
Another option is to leave it on 'Normal' & consider that I'm just playing it on 'hard'. Just accept that I'll have to take a few goes at big fights while I memorise which enemies are vulnerable to which spells.
I probably should investigate the glasses too, I've heard great things about them.

Back
Top Bottom