***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

I'm not going to watch the video yet, I will wait until I hit the end of the game before delving into much about it elsewhere. I prefer where I can to make my own assessments I think.

I will say the game has some issues, but the core of the game is really good, and I have no regrets in buying it myself, it's been well worth the price of entry in my view.

I'll summarise my thoughts better when I hit the end :)
FYI, the video doesn't include any gameplay or any review of the game, it literally has nothing to do with the game :)

I'm not holding my breath but I hope they fix the rather low res RT reflections, Add RT reflections into bodies of water and also add RTGI.

On a side note has anyone been able to get ReShade to work ? It crashes my game everytime it starts up.

Latest patch breaks frame generation

I replaced the games default FG dll of 1.0.3.0 with the 1.0.7.0 dll from techpowerup introduced with The Witcher 3 aswell as using the 3.1.1 DLSS dll instead of using the games default of 2.3.11.0, All seems to be working nicely.

Last edited:
How come Gamespot has not reviewed the game yet or Kotaku they are not boycotting it are they if they are that's stupid petty and sad.
I can't help but laugh at how spectacularly this boycott has backfired. This game was made by a studio whose previous works, most have never heard of.
I tend to ignore games based on franchises that are primarily established outside of gaming as they are usually cash grabs. I reckon a lot of people do the same as well. This would have been ignored and just be another game release that is enjoyed by handful of people.
But they catapulted this into the spotlight and it helps that the devs really wanted to make a good game. This is a great example of when luck meets hardwork.

If my gaming calander for this year wasn't already stacked I probably would have bought this.

Last edited:
It's one of the biggest movie and book franchises, I doubt the game would have been ignored with or without any controversy!
I don't think it really translates over.

Marvel's Avengers, is based on the biggest movie franchise and I seem to remember that just being a fizzle. (TBF it could be because the game sucked I don't know, like I said I ignore games like that)

Expected the game to run bad but it is very smooth. I left HWiNFO64 running, and the total RAM usage went from ~15GB to ~21GB for about 20 mins then dropped to ~14GB. This would probably cause stutter for people with 16GB RAM, 32GB RAM seems to be a needed for this.

Started playing it last night, and it’s really good. I’m playing native 4k with dlss etc off and haven’t had any stutters or anything. I have turned raytracing off for now because it’s a little weird at times. I’ve tried both K+M and controller and prefer K+M this time which is surprising because I normally prefer controller for 3rd person such as Elden Ring, admittedly I’m early on and this might change.

Up to now it’s got me wanting to play more which I really didn’t expect.

Must be your system. I'm only on a 1080 TI and it much better now:p
Must be nice to live in a world where mediocracy and half-assed work is acceptable. Enjoy your 30-40 fps with everything set at low. My fps is between 50-120, the issue that most people are having is with CONSISTENT performance and that's down the ****** work done by the developers on optimisation.

I started off just liking this but now i'm a bit further in, it is really starting to grab me. It's got a few rough edges (conversations taking place when no-one is nearby or is too far away), but the world is great fun even just as a visual spectacle.

Also since the patch i've bumped the locked framerate up to 90 (which it doesn't vary from) using chill (unlimited in game settings) and it runs really nice and smooth everywhere, I can probably get more frames but this seems good enough to me.

RX6900XT with 23.2.1 drivers at 1440p, 32GB RAM, 12700K, game is on an NVME. All settings apart from particles (high) are ultra and RT off. GPU doesn't seem to be working hard at all.

Last edited:
I'm not holding my breath but I hope they fix the rather low res RT reflections, Add RT reflections into bodies of water and also add RTGI.

On a side note has anyone been able to get ReShade to work ? It crashes my game everytime it starts up.

I replaced the games default FG dll of 1.0.3.0 with the 1.0.7.0 dll from techpowerup introduced with The Witcher 3 aswell as using the 3.1.1 DLSS dll instead of using the games default of 2.3.11.0, All seems to be working nicely.

Really wish there was a way to automate updating DLSS.

Must be nice to live in a world where mediocracy and half-assed work is acceptable. Enjoy your 30-40 fps with everything set at low. My fps is between 50-120, the issue that most people are having is with CONSISTENT performance and that's down the ****** work done by the developers on optimisation.
I enjoy 4K at 60hz and my graphic is set at high\Ultra on GTX1080 TI, I don't see why a game should run above 120hz it isn't a FPS game

52692849350_747ab02970_k.jpg

52692849345_7673606119_k.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom