***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Hi,

I bought this in the Steam sale and I'm about 17 hours into it.. however recently it's been crashing all the time.. every 2-5 minutes. I did have mods installed, but I've removed them all. The only other thing I've done is replace my monitor but I can't see how that would cause the problem, however it does seem the crashing started with the new monitor, only other thing I did was latest driver update.

Any ideas? Game jsut freezes for 2-3 seconds then dumps me back at the desktop, no error or anything to work with.

Other games are all working fine.

:(

Last edited:
Hi,

I bought this in the Steam sale and I'm about 17 hours into it.. however recently it's been crashing all the time.. every 2-5 minutes. I did have mods installed, but I've removed them all. The only other thing I've done is replace my monitor but I can't see how that would cause the problem, however it does seem the crashing started with the new monitor.

Any ideas? Game jsut freezes for 2-3 seconds then sumps one back at the desktop, no error or anything to work with.

Not sure if this helps you but I had a similar problem with the game. Once I uninstalled the AMD Adrenaline software and used just the drivers alone it was working fine for me.

I'm thinking it's a driver issue, there are a few posts on the Steam discussions with the same issue.

Is there a way to regress Nvidia drivers back to the previous version?

I'm thinking it's a driver issue, there are a few posts on the Steam discussions with the same issue.

Is there a way to regress Nvidia drivers back to the previous version?

Ages since I used it, but you can undo the latest driver and revert to the previous one, option was/is in Control Panel.

Or you can just DDU your current driver and reinstall your new choice of driver.

Hi,

I bought this in the Steam sale and I'm about 17 hours into it.. however recently it's been crashing all the time.. every 2-5 minutes. I did have mods installed, but I've removed them all. The only other thing I've done is replace my monitor but I can't see how that would cause the problem, however it does seem the crashing started with the new monitor, only other thing I did was latest driver update.

Any ideas? Game jsut freezes for 2-3 seconds then dumps me back at the desktop, no error or anything to work with.

The game is really RAM hungry. I have to close my browsers when playing the game or it crashes after a few minutes. I have 16GB of RAM, this is the first time I've ever had to bother closing anything else running when gaming.

The game is really RAM hungry. I have to close my browsers when playing the game or it crashes after a few minutes. I have 16GB of RAM, this is the first time I've ever had to bother closing anything else running when gaming.

Yeah game plays so much better on 32GB it is silly :s it can also expose if the RAM isn't 100% stable.

Yeh, when I built my new system a couple of years ago, it was an absolute no-brainer for me to get 32Gb of ram.

Only question was, should I get 64, but I thought, nah, when I buy a new mobo/cpu, then I'll get 64Gb, and I can't see me doing that for at least 3-4 years.

I'll get 64GB when I upgrade the entire platform and move to DDR5 or whatever is out by then, the 12700k is still an all right CPU so who knows when that'll be though.

Last edited:
I was wanting to try this but on 16GB ram and other than this game don't really utilise near the 16gb that I have so not worth it then.

This game really surprised me, I wasn't expecting much at all but the world that has been created is great.

It would be nice to see Avalanche take a crack at developing a LotR game in the future.

Last edited:
Me and my family all got stuck into this last year and it was brilliant despite the odd performance issues.

My good lady 100% it and think im about 94% but went on to other games.

Kids are about half way in albeit they had to settle for the late PS4 arrival.

This game really surprised me, I wasn't expecting much at all but the world that has been created is great.

It would be nice to see Avalanche take a crack at developing a LotR game in the future.

I have to give them credit for pulling off what they have, especially the attention to detail in some stuff.

I really wish they'd go back in and really work it up though - some parts of the map are really detailed but largely unused like the station - there is a lot of potential for things like self-contained episodic content (albeit maybe the IP licensing limits them there), there is so much that could be expanded on mechanics wise even like different wands having small unique boosts and/or personality of their own rather than being purely cosmetic and some expansion of the spells/combat mechanics into slightly more class based and accommodate people who want to approach it from different angles like more puzzles over combat, more into spells than the herbology stuff and vice versa - being able to coop with 2-4 other players each bringing a little different style to raid type content would be killer.

And the game is crying out for a pure path traced renderer - it would really take it up a notch in terms of cinematic visuals - even if it would require a very beefy GPU to play at anything like decent settings.

Played in vr yesterday and it's stunning, you get the odd issue where part of or any entire character floats somewhere but otherwise glorious.
I tried (and paid for) the Luke Ross Vr mod. I've also tried the new praydog injector. Whilst I think the praydog is better they both look and play awful.
What GPU are you running? I wonder if my 3070 doesn't cut it?

I did notice the LukeRoss mod messes with a load of graphical settings to try to get it look and play nice and the praydog one just seems to leave everything as you last had it.

Back
Top Bottom