***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Hi everyone from Greece!
Can anyone comment on the new patch which came out a few days ago? It is supposed to improve performance in low VRAM machines...
I own a 3070 which has a lot of trouble running acceptably the game [ stuttering, problem with textures etc] so i unistalled a few weeks ago...I'd re-install to check it myself but in Greece internet speeds arent optimal [to say the keast...]
Many thanks!

Hi everyone from Greece!
Can anyone comment on the new patch which came out a few days ago? It is supposed to improve performance in low VRAM machines...
I own a 3070 which has a lot of trouble running acceptably the game [ stuttering, problem with textures etc] so i unistalled a few weeks ago...I'd re-install to check it myself but in Greece internet speeds arent optimal [to say the keast...]
Many thanks!

I had no problems playing it on my 3070 at 1440p - though 32GB system RAM does help to reduce/prevent stutters. Don't bother with ray tracing as it causes a lot of stuttering and doesn't actually look that great in the game. In fact unless/until they patch the graphics high settings with a couple like sky quality at ultra looks better than all ultra.

I re downloaded it the other week because @TNA dared me to and discovered that.... Not much had changed. uninstalled a few hours later.

And I did it a few days ago to test out DLSS 3on as I now have a 4070 Ti and had a laugh at @mrk not being able to see the difference.

Definitely needs to visit specsavers. That 4090 is wasted on him otherwise :cry:

And I did it a few days ago to test out DLSS 3on as I now have a 4070 Ti and had a laugh at @mrk not being able to see the difference.

Definitely needs to visit specsavers. That 4090 is wasted on him otherwise :cry:

I dunno man, the level of autism analysis he does on a single pixel means I'd probably expect him to notice stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
My eyes see beyond simple pixels, amateurs.

I don't think it will ever truly get fixed, just like Jedi Survivor and a few others. Dead Space Remake still has traversal stutter too.

Is that the weird fog where everything outside looks perfect as you're walking out the door then the view gets ruined as soon as you get outsdie?

Yeppppp. There was a defog mod IIRC but it had it's own issues, as in areas that should have some then didn't if I recall.

My eyes see beyond simple pixels, amateurs.

I don't think it will ever truly get fixed, just like Jedi Survivor and a few others. Dead Space Remake still has traversal stutter too.

I did tell @TNA before you're blessed with 'the sight'.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I dunno man, the level of autism analysis he does on a single pixel means I'd probably expect him to notice stuff.

:cry::cry::cry:

Yet he can't notice this. Both me and Nexus notice it. Good enough for me. If he can't all I can conclude is specsavers or he sits back 4 foot or more from his monitor :D

Last edited:
:cry::cry::cry:

Yet he can't notice this. Both me and Nexus notice it. Good enough for me. If he can't all I can conclude is specsavers or he sits back 4 foot or more from his monitor :D

It's the 1440pUW res. Oh wait you use that too.

I was just trying to be diplomatic lol.

also I have no idea/care about updating the DLSS stuff. Apparently it's a dll file on GitHub or something, not sure what difference it makes.
Do I need to care and if so why can't it be updated automatically?

Last edited:
It's the 1440pUW res. Oh wait you use that too.

I was just trying to be diplomatic lol.

also I have no idea/care about updating the DLSS stuff. Apparently it's a dll file on GitHub or something, not sure what difference it makes.

Me, mrk and Nexus have the exact same monitor. Two of us see the difference DLDSR makes. One doesn't. Nuff said.

Do you have the Alienware QD-OLED? Or at least a half decent monitor?

Have you not used DLDRS before?

I did have that same monitor but I changed to 4k (OLED) because of how stark the difference was on games when I switched between my CX and the AW. Classic case of I'd have been happy with one if I hadn't seen the other. The text bothered me too quite a lot on it despite trying those tweaks, forgot the app.
I thought it was you and I who were discussing this game at the time, how massive the visual upgrade was playing native and then upping the res through the DSR thing. It was massively obvious especially in the town with the brick and roof textures etc.

Last edited:
I did have that same monitor but I changed to 4k (OLED) because of how stark the difference was on games when I switched between my CX and the AW. Classic case of I'd have been happy with one if I hadn't seen the other. The text bothered me too quite a lot on it despite trying those tweaks, forgot the app.
I thought it was you and I who were discussing this game at the time, how massive the visual upgrade was playing native and then upping the res through the DSR thing. It was massively obvious especially in the town with the brick and roof textures etc.

Yeah. Does ring a bell I think. Higher resolution makes quite the difference and I would prefer 4K over 1440p for sure. That's why I use DLDRS quite a bit when it works.

Don't get how he can't see the difference tbh.

Anyone played this lately, interested to know if they fixed the weird reflection issues and the horrible fog.

Still not fixed the reflection issues, game is crying out for a pure path tracing renderer :(

Game looks far better with all high settings except clouds on ultra and using nVidia FreeStyle with the detail filter.

The fog on ultra settings is just nasty and most of the ultra settings just affect at what distance high quality assets are still drawn to, which can actually reduce quality for some effects which have the same upper cap for number of instances but now spread over a larger area.

EDIT: I've not tried this tweak

But I suspect doesn't fix the really janky reflections like on water at a distance.

Last edited:
Interestingly there is no shader compiling screen on my Lenovo Legion Go - not sure why as I've seen it on other systems using Ryzen CPUs and AMD GPUs - it also loads into the menu in about 1/3rd the time of any of my other systems irrespective of quality settings - even with settings which destroy its rendering performance.

EDIT: Oh seems to be a thing when you are using a iGPU with shared memory and borderline for physical memory - it doesn't compile the shaders and results in some stutter as you move around...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom