Home Secretary (finally) allows CBD oil for Billy Caldwell.

Soldato
There are no good arguments against it be available as long as it’s taxed and regulated.
Apart of course from the fact it smells even more vile than tobacco, we should continue moving towards phasing out smoking in modern society not drop it a lifeline. If it were ever legalised for recreational use then it should only apply to vaping fluids.

I don't see the problem in supplying it for medical reasons. Don't doctors prescribe opium based medications already?
Properly trained doctors in the UK can prescribe Heroin in extreme circumstances, usually because patients are allergic or resistant to methadone and morphine. Hence why it's so silly that the government were using an "we can't allow it because it's illegal" argument for so long.

Last edited:
Soldato
LOL, that's not quite a good argument for prohibition :p
True but it is a good argument against decriminalisation. The last thing we need is people smoking it in public like they do with cigarettes, or having to sit/stand near people who reek of it (like on a bus or in a shop queue).

If there was a referendum I would back legalising the oil for vaping use, but oppose legalising the actual plant for smoking, and I know many others feel the same.

Caporegime
I'm sure my parents who were teenagers in the 60s thought the same.

Vastly different futures ahead for them in the 70s-onwards compared to the current crop who will own no stake in their country and the fact that 50% will be university taught ill create a much more casual society. Reducing wealth does not an authoritarian dream make.

Sure there are the niche cliques who always exist, but the general mass is hugely secular and liberal.

Saying that, the growth of the Incel/Omega Male trolls may become mildly annoying.

Last edited:
Soldato
The world would be a happier place if we all got high on a bit of weed (legally) every now and then.

1529504920.jpg

Permabanned
There are no good arguments against it be available as long as it’s taxed and regulated.

Actually there are very good ones, in the US, in states with recreational marijuana legalised, they have seen a huge RISE in serious criminality. The very fact it would be taxed puts the price up, making illegal growing on an industrial scale very profitable indeed. That's purely a fiscal argument, there are well documented medical reasons why an increase in smoking this junk would burden society as a whole.

Soldato
Actually there are very good ones, in the US, in states with recreational marijuana legalised, they have seen a huge RISE in serious criminality. The very fact it would be taxed puts the price up, making illegal growing on an industrial scale very profitable indeed. That's purely a fiscal argument, there are well documented medical reasons why an increase in smoking this junk would burden society as a whole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_legalized_cannabis

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...op-numbers-study-california-new-a8160311.html

Caporegime
Saying that, the growth of the Incel/Omega Male trolls may become mildly annoying.

They already are. I think some people on the forums are of that mindset!

I had to look up what an Omega is by the way, which led me to this:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Manosphere_glossary

An omega is a male who has no prospects whatsoever of getting laid. Omegas are below alphas, betas, and every other rung on the imaginary sexual hierarchy.

"Omega" is occasionally used as a term of pride by PUAs to glorify their technique. According to these males, they are not "alphas" because they are not heavily muscled jocks, but they can nevertheless get sex from females through their game techniques; that is to say, their game supposedly transcends their alleged physical unattractiveness. Of course, a more likely explanation of this phenomenon is that, contrary to manospheric beliefs, different females are attracted to different types of males.

Basically anyone who believes in and uses those terms does not have the same Worldview as me.

Last edited:
Permabanned

I counter with:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...of-legalising-cannabis-makes-crime-worse.html

Accompanied by a SWAT team, armoured Humvee vehicles and equipped with stun grenades, the Colorado police were taking no chances when they raided the mansion home of Michael Stonehouse in March last year.

To his neighbours, the ex-U.S. marine seemed like a successful businessman and solid family figure. But, according to U.S. prosecutors, he operated a multi-million-dollar black market cannabis business to rival a Mexican cartel.

Allegedly dealing 300lb of cannabis every month, distributed in duffel bags around the state and beyond, Stonehouse and his 15 cronies had so much money that they'd run out of ways of stashing it.

Court papers claimed the gang bought homes in respectable neighbourhoods (where they grew more plants) and sank millions into accounts at seven banks.

But they'd still left hundreds of thousands of dollars lying around when investigators arrived. Police say such an operation isn't unusual in Colorado.

That criminals could be making so much money from drugs wouldn't be so surprising if this wasn't Colorado and the drug wasn't cannabis.

Caporegime
That article is nonsense. The state tax on it is so high that it resulted in a bit of tax evasion from sellers. How is that making crime worse? :confused: This situation largely only occurred because some states criminalise it and others don't.

Permabanned
That article is nonsense. The state tax on it is so high that it resulted in a bit of tax evasion from sellers. How is that making crime worse? :confused: This situation largely only occurred because some states criminalise it and others don't.

Please come and do my books for me if you have a way of decriminalising tax evasion ;) How's the Lear jet and the super yacht, if you call that a "bit of tax evasion", you have a very saleable strategy!

Last edited:
Soldato
I counter with:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...of-legalising-cannabis-makes-crime-worse.html

Accompanied by a SWAT team, armoured Humvee vehicles and equipped with stun grenades, the Colorado police were taking no chances when they raided the mansion home of Michael Stonehouse in March last year.

To his neighbours, the ex-U.S. marine seemed like a successful businessman and solid family figure. But, according to U.S. prosecutors, he operated a multi-million-dollar black market cannabis business to rival a Mexican cartel.

Allegedly dealing 300lb of cannabis every month, distributed in duffel bags around the state and beyond, Stonehouse and his 15 cronies had so much money that they'd run out of ways of stashing it.

Court papers claimed the gang bought homes in respectable neighbourhoods (where they grew more plants) and sank millions into accounts at seven banks.

But they'd still left hundreds of thousands of dollars lying around when investigators arrived. Police say such an operation isn't unusual in Colorado.

That criminals could be making so much money from drugs wouldn't be so surprising if this wasn't Colorado and the drug wasn't cannabis.

The Daily Mail should become a prohibited substance. Opium for the feeble minded.

Back
Top Bottom