Horizon: Forbidden West

Soldato
I’ll get a PS5 just for this. It looks incredible and the first game, whilst played on PC, was probably my favourite game of all time. Just everything about it hits the spot for me. Microsoft has a lot of work to do if they are to get anywhere close to a game like this.

Yeah, this and God of War and TLOU 2 were my games of the generation. With Horizon coming this year and GOD next things are looking good in the gaming world.

Horizon was just an amazing experience from start to finish. Cannot wait for this!

Soldato
Likely going to be a day one purchase for me.

But I hope they make the towns etc a bit more life like and engaging - they were very one dimensional in HZD and felt sparse. They just didn't have any depth both in terms of NPC's and their routines/ behaviours (and their numbers) but also locations to explore / things to do.

My hope is they address this in the coming game.

Soldato
Has there been any release date at all, is it 2021 or 2022? Seems odd there was no mention on the gameplay reveal

Also this thread title should be changed, it's not Horizon Zero Dawn ;)

It is Horizon 2: Forbidden West :D #nitpicking

Soldato
I'm sure it's slated for 2021 however I'd of thought a release date would be announced soon.

If it does land this year I suspect it will be November

Associate
I really enjoyed the first one but not blown away by the preview of the new one. It looks a bit too similar to the first. I will get it but probably wait until it's available used with a steep discount.

Soldato
I really enjoyed the first one but not blown away by the preview of the new one. It looks a bit too similar to the first. I will get it but probably wait until it's available used with a steep discount.

Its usually how sequels work.

Take what was good about the original and build on it. I can't think of sequels that have deviated from this formula?

Do you expect it to be a side scrolling cell shaded shooter now set in the future with a 80s 8 bit sound track?

Soldato
OP
Has there been any release date at all, is it 2021 or 2022? Seems odd there was no mention on the gameplay reveal

Also this thread title should be changed, it's not Horizon Zero Dawn ;)

It is Horizon 2: Forbidden West :D #nitpicking

I'd change it but it wont let me :D

Edit: Aha! Found it, better?

Associate
Its usually how sequels work.

Take what was good about the original and build on it. I can't think of sequels that have deviated from this formula?

Do you expect it to be a side scrolling cell shaded shooter now set in the future with a 80s 8 bit sound track?

Not at all but I would have expected more gameplay improvement. The melee in the original in particular lacked impact and always felt underwhelming. The preview seemed to have similar problems. I was hoping they would add a parry system which they may have done but have not shown. Also the footage shown appeared to have some frame drops, maybe this will be ironed out closer to release. The graphics were incredible and I definitely will be getting it at some point but it didn't make my jaw drop like previews of demon souls and Returnal did.

Soldato
Not at all but I would have expected more gameplay improvement. The melee in the original in particular lacked impact and always felt underwhelming. The preview seemed to have similar problems. I was hoping they would add a parry system which they may have done but have not shown. Also the footage shown appeared to have some frame drops, maybe this will be ironed out closer to release. The graphics were incredible and I definitely will be getting it at some point but it didn't make my jaw drop like previews of demon souls and Returnal did.

I'm sure being a first party game they will use the controllers unique features to help with the impact piece. I personally didn't notice the frame rate drops and don't recall digital foundry mentioning it but I could be wrong.

It's all personal taste, for me it's the most exciting release and I felt the level of detail made it look true next gen. Whilst it's also a PS4 release as well I would be shocked if it came anywhere close to what we have seen.

Back
Top Bottom