Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Soldato
It's the setting itself, like some Far Cry Primal and Far Cry 3 blood dragon love child.

From the videos i've seen, this doesn't push my buttons.

I get that, Primal was good but got dull pretty quickly for me, to repetitive and the story never grabbed me, think this game should be a lot better by the sounds of it.

Soldato
I've seen videos including massive birds. Giraffe looking things. A big **** off alligator type thing. It looks amazing. Can't wait to dive in !

Soldato
This is precisely what's putting me off.... robot dinosaurs? :/
I believe it is set in the far future where modern society as we know it has gone belly up, and all that remains are 1980 Tomy Zoids, along with scattered bands of humans living in settlements amongst said Zoids. Our protagonist I believe finds something like a smartphone and in doing so kicks off the plot, which reveals what happened to us etc. I have strayed away from recent videos and playthroughs but only read a little about it a few years ago.

I am quite looking forward to this one. It does look very FarCry'ish, but I haven't played those games since FC3. This is a new IP, and a great looking one at that so I can't wait for the game to get cheaper!

Caporegime
I think he/she assumed you meant you were going to finish it in a day, whereas I took your comment as meaning 'ill be getting it day 1'

I've been watching videos this afternoon trying to buy into this game, because the reviews are so positive.... but it just doesn't grip me :(

Might pick it up when it's a £20 job.

Soldato
I saw a video yesterday of some robotic alligator or crocodile jumping out a lake and attacking Aloy, and just thought it looked fantastic. I wasn't really interested in this until I started watching some of the videos for it.

Soldato
I've been watching videos this afternoon trying to buy into this game, because the reviews are so positive.... but it just doesn't grip me :(

Might pick it up when it's a £20 job.

Personally, I'm fatigued on third person action games and just cant face another one right now and likewise will probably pick it up after a few price drops.

Soldato
Why?

It's a single player 3rd person game, it's not like it drops to like a slideshow. Review says it does a SOLID 30fps. I never found it to be a problem and never be something that stops me getting a game.

Perhaps I am not spoilt with 100fps PC gaming....I dunno.

Anything below 60fps now gives me horrendous headaches. I think I've just gotten used to higher frames on a freesync screen when on pc. It's just something I find to hard to do now at my age.

Back
Top Bottom