Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Associate
Anything below 60fps now gives me horrendous headaches. I think I've just gotten used to higher frames on a freesync screen when on pc. It's just something I find to hard to do now at my age.
I don't get headaches but get what you mean about struggling with console games after high frame rate PC games, so much so that I'm seriously thinking about getting a Pro as the thought of 30fps really bothers me.

Soldato
I want this but going to wait for a price drop as I have so many games to start let alone finish! One other thing, why Robot Dinosaurs? It would have been so much cooler with real Dinosaurs.

Soldato
This is a post apocalyptic game, not pre historic. :p that's why.

Besides. It's not just dinosaurs. It's all sorts of creatures. From grazing, to predatory.

I've seen Moa's, alligators, wildebeest, large flying birds etc

Associate
Something about this really doesn't captivate me. Visually stunning game but I've got too much on my plate with Nioh and the Switch launch.

Strong female protagonist, open world, hunting, post apocalyptic, robots... it's like they filled a hat with some of the more popular video game cliches, pulled a handful out and hey presto there's your game.

Everytime I see the robot dinosaurs in this I'm reminded of those Roboraptor toys from a few years back. :D

Soldato
The premise is a bit odd with the robot's. We have these robotic animals wandering around the world, just like actual wild animals would. Then we have the humans scurrying around living what looks to be a caveman like tribal existence. You'd have thought, having a sentient, critical minded, opposing thumb existence, these humans would have exploited the robot's a long time ago and living a more advanced life.

I'm not going to dwell on the realism though. Otherwise what would be the point of fantasy story telling?

Soldato
The premise is a bit odd with the robot's. We have these robotic animals wandering around the world, just like actual wild animals would. Then we have the humans scurrying around living what looks to be a caveman like tribal existence. You'd have thought, having a sentient, critical minded, opposing thumb existence, these humans would have exploited the robot's a long time ago and living a more advanced life.

The whole point of the game is to find out why the robots are there, what happened to humanity and why humans are living the way they are.

Associate
Yeah, that's the hook for me - who is building/maintaining these robots in those underground areas and why...

*Spoiler alert*

The apocalypse happens with only a handful of humans surviving the nuclear fallout. The residual radiation reactivates the hundreds of thousands of Roboraptors buried deep in landfill sites beneath the Earth.

Big plot twist is that you are a decendant of the guy who invented the Roboraptor and now you have to take them down so humanity can thrive again.

My Uncle works at Sony...

Use spoiler tags when posting spoilers please

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
*Spoiler alert*

The apocalypse happens with only a handful of humans surviving the nuclear fallout. The residual radiation reactivates the hundreds of thousands of Roboraptors buried deep in landfill sites beneath the Earth.

Big plot twist is that you are a decendant of the guy who invented the Roboraptor and now you have to take them down so humanity can thrive again.

My Uncle works at Sony...

Use spoiler tags when posting spoilers please

Did anyone legit take this seriously, it quite clearly isn't a spoiler? I even capped it off with a fairly well known video game meme.

Don't kill me if the story is similar, I just cooked it up off the top of my head and threw some Roboraptors in.

Back
Top Bottom