Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Caporegime
Am I right in saying that one thing that wasn't explained -

- who or what created the corruption in the first place which led to GAIA's subroutines all becoming autonomous?

Associate
Im currently level 25 although the last level recommends 34, is it worth getting to 30 odd before attempting it ? Really love the game although want to complete it and not too fused about all the side quests.

Associate
Im currently level 25 although the last level recommends 34, is it worth getting to 30 odd before attempting it ? Really love the game although want to complete it and not too fused about all the side quests.

If you're enjoying it why not do the side quests?

Soldato
I think ive been holding onto some parts far too much. Made a couple of grand and bought some armour and a new bow. I could finish it but i dont want to...i cant remember the last time a game stopped me from finishing it.

Soldato
I couldnt get into the Witcher at all. I didnt find it remotely accessible and honestly found it boring. Horizon just seems fresh to me...something new.

Soldato
Am I right in saying that one thing that wasn't explained -

- who or what created the corruption in the first place which led to GAIA's subroutines all becoming autonomous?

Did you not see the post credit scene? Its revealed that Hades is still alive, but he gets trapped by Sylens, who poses that exact question. So I dunno if that's foreshadowing DLC or a sequel.

It also makes me wonder what happened to the other subroutines that escaped. Hades was the only one designed to destroy, so maybe finding the others would be a good thing?

Soldato
I couldnt get into the Witcher at all. I didnt find it remotely accessible and honestly found it boring. Horizon just seems fresh to me...something new.
I found the same with witcher. I just found myself skipping the cut scenes and the endless dialogue. Maybe it was Geralts character but I soon bored of it all. I ought to give it another chance and start it over really.

Soldato
Had a full day on this yesterday - a very rare thing for me these days in terms of gaming. Think im up to level 16 or 17 and still in the main starting area before the Carja gates.

So I am enjoying it but a few things confuse me. Fall damage is one. Feels like it varies and I have died countless times from falls which just didnt seem as bad as others I survived - even with full health.

The second is weapon mods. I managed to find a very rare damage mod and finally got around to eqipping it to my sharp shooting bow last night, yet I dont seem to be dealing any more damage......? The weapon stats have increased in inventory but damage to glowing areas on machines has remained capped at what it was before. Am I missing something?

Then theres the map system - shamelessly stolen from far cry and yet no legend for any of the icons! Lol. To be honest this game often feels like far cry in 3rd person mixed with a bit of Mass Effect style conversation interaction and a bit of tomb raider / uncharted climbing about. I dont really see too much originality other than the concept - but even that is just another take on a post apocolyptic genre. Reminds me very much of the Jon Shannow novels by David Gemmell. However, i am looking forward to the development of the story as I have enjoyed story quests so far.

I am also finding a lack of caves/relic type sites. I have revealed approx 1 third of the entire map yet only found 3 underground sites. (One of which was a cauldron). Not sure where I am supposed to find another 3 power cells from? Im guessing in the other portions of the map I cant yet get to? Or I missed them in areas i have already been to?

But with all that said, so far I am really enjoying it. There is still an awful lot to like about this game. Plenty to see and do. Great movement over terrain. Freedom to choose how to tackle enemies and machines. Good story and characters / voice acting. A beautifully realised environment and great music/sound. Nothing ground breaking other than perhaps visuals but still a brilliant game all the same.

V F

V F

Soldato
There are some underground sites, Buffet. One was quite deep. One was deep then quite tall that reminded me of Anno 2027.

I've still to explore the cave in the first part if I can find the way down.

Funny how I used to fear the corruptors but not due to skills and weaponry but how they came about.

Soldato
Finished it last night, one of the most enjoyable games I've played in awhile. :)

Only compliant I have is that overriding had so much potential, but it was so under used.
Not being able to give commands to machines, all the mounts acting the same, all the machines towards the end being corrupted.
I feel that had a really good opportunity to add a worthwhile pet system, but didn't bother.

I'm sure their fine tune it, if there's a sequal.

Back
Top Bottom