Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Caporegime
Anyone got some tips on taking down a corrupter, its like firing into a sponge. Putting lots of fire arrows into it but its taking little damage.

Firstly shoot off its two armaments and ideally you should have the skill that lets you fire three arrows at once so you can raise its temperature quickly. Then you can shoot its little cooling rod that pops out. Otherwise, try and trip it up with your tripwires, lay bombs, etc.

Soldato
Firstly shoot off its two armaments and ideally you should have the skill that lets you fire three arrows at once so you can raise its temperature quickly. Then you can shoot its little cooling rod that pops out. Otherwise, try and trip it up with your tripwires, lay bombs, etc.

Thank's, yep got the 3 arrows perk and have tear blast arrows to knock stuff off machines. Can't say Ive noticed any cooling rod thing that pops up.?

Soldato
Keep firing fire arrows at it until the temperature gauge is full. Then scan again with your Focus.

Yeah thank's again , thats what I was not doing, I wondered what that metre thing was above his head!!, I need to improve my fire arrows as much as I can as it was hardly filling up the metre even with 3 arrows at once.

Soldato
Just realised I havent actually upgraded with any perks yet. Got tons of upgrade points. Funny thing is I don't yet feel like I need any of them.....? Seem to be doing just fine as it is. Might see how far I can get without them! :p

V F

V F

Soldato
"This is only the beginning of Aloy's story and our exploration of the world of Horizon: Zero Dawn, with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story."

Mmm!

Soldato
It's annoying fighting some of the bigger things like the rock eaters, seems more a battle with the camera to see what you're doing. Hopefully near the end of the story now as I'm getting a bit bored. My own fault for chasing down the collectables.

Man of Honour
Level 27 and still not gone to Meridian yet. Doing 100% in the first area, getting all the metal flowers, vantage points etc.

I'm still not 100% sold on the combat, partly because I never see a need to use the bow now I'm fully upgraded in melee, knock anything to the floor with a heavy attack, then do a critical strike. Dodge their attack then rinse and repeat. Gets slightly tedious.

But I enjoy everything else about the game so much it doesn't bother me

Soldato
Level 27 and still not gone to Meridian yet. Doing 100% in the first area, getting all the metal flowers, vantage points etc.

I'm still not 100% sold on the combat, partly because I never see a need to use the bow now I'm fully upgraded in melee, knock anything to the floor with a heavy attack, then do a critical strike. Dodge their attack then rinse and repeat. Gets slightly tedious.

But I enjoy everything else about the game so much it doesn't bother me
Have you fought a thunderjaw, behemoth or ravager yet?

Soldato
Those flying things are a nightmare. I'm only level 16 and stumbled in to an area with loads of corrupted robots and those flying things and ran away but straight in to a bandit camp. Carnage ensued but I still survived, barely.

Soldato
Grrr I'm on my 2nd play through atm at Lv23. Spending most of my time hunting flamin animals again and having a bad time with foxes.

I found a somewhat buggy fire camp on the way to Meridian last night where a stormbird or two spawns right near it. I loaded into it and immediately had to leg it from two stormbirds that were already above the fire. Used up 3 bars of first aid just getting away!

Soldato
Grrr I'm on my 2nd play through atm at Lv23. Spending most of my time hunting flamin animals again and having a bad time with foxes.

I found a somewhat buggy fire camp on the way to Meridian last night where a stormbird or two spawns right near it. I loaded into it and immediately had to leg it from two stormbirds that were already above the fire. Used up 3 bars of first aid just getting away!

I had troubles getting fox furs for the gold fast travel pack.

There's a wooded area next to a campfire just outside the starting area. It's like a small forest. Not a single machine to be found in it. Just wild animals.

I found if you kill a fox with your spear you literally get nothing off it. But with the bow and arrow, I had more luck.

And lol at the storm bird situation :p I had a similar thing with Tramplers. Got gored by 3 of them spawning to a campfire. :D

V F

V F

Soldato
Those flying things are a nightmare. I'm only level 16 and stumbled in to an area with loads of corrupted robots and those flying things and ran away but straight in to a bandit camp. Carnage ensued but I still survived, barely.

The Stormbird?

I thought the Stormbird was only up in the snow? I went up to try and get a power cell from GIA but there was a missing ladder. Started making my way back down and stumbled into that thing. Its like an eagle from hell. I spent nearly an hour fighting it as it kept getting out of my view at the same time trying to survive playing hide and seek. I thought the Deathbringer was bad. Well this is a different kind of bad. The way it swoops in on you or crashes down for you.

It was frightening what was guarding the path to GIA. Ambushes everywhere. From the air, high on the rocks waiting 3 of them and Ravagers and Watchers. Ravagers and Watchers wouldn't have been so bad but not 3 Glinthawks and 3 Stalkers.

I don't like the thought of facing two Stormbirds?

Back
Top Bottom