Code:
# Use Xft?
use_xft yes
xftfont DejaVu Sans:size=6
xftalpha 0.8
text_buffer_size 2048

# Update interval in seconds
update_interval 4

# This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
# Set to zero to run forever.
total_run_times 0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
own_window yes
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_type normal
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
minimum_size 180 0
#maximum_width 200

# Draw shades?
draw_shades no

# Draw outlines?
draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
draw_borders no

# Stippled borders?
stippled_borders 0

# border margins
border_margin 5

# border width
border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors
default_color white
default_shade_color white
default_outline_color lightblue
own_window_colour black

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
#alignment top_left
alignment top_right
#alignment bottom_left
#alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
# same thing as passing -x at command line
gap_x 10
gap_y 10

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
uppercase no

# number of cpu samples to average
# set to 1 to disable averaging
cpu_avg_samples 2

# number of net samples to average
# set to 1 to disable averaging
net_avg_samples 2

# Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
override_utf8_locale yes

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about?  This only affects certain objects.
use_spacer none

TEXT
SYSTEM ${hr 2}
${font StyleBats:size=10}A${font}   CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu1 8,60}
${font StyleBats:size=10}A${font}   CPU2: ${cpu cpu2}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu2 8,60}
${font StyleBats:size=10}g${font}   RAM: $memperc% ${alignr}${membar 8,60}
${font StyleBats:size=10}j${font}   SWAP: $swapperc% ${alignr}${swapbar 8,60}
${font Webdings:size=10}~${font}  Battery: ${battery_percent BAT0}% ${alignr}${battery_bar 8,60 BAT0}
${font StyleBats:size=10}q${font}   Uptime: ${alignr}${uptime}

DATE ${hr 2}
${alignc 17}${font Arial Black:size=8}${time %H:%M}${font}
${alignc}${time %A %d %B %Y}
HD ${hr 2}
${voffset 4}${font Pie charts for maps:size=10}7${font}   ${voffset -5}Root:
${voffset 4}${fs_used /}/${fs_size /} ${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /}
${font Pie charts for maps:size=10}7${font}   ${voffset -5}Home:
${voffset 4}${fs_used /home}/${fs_size /home} ${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /home}

MUSIC ${hr 2}
${voffset 7}${exec conkyExaile --datatype=TI} by ${exec conkyExaile --datatype=AR}

NETWORK ${hr 2}
${if_existing /proc/net/route ra0}
${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed ra0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph ra0 8,60 BEBEBE BEBEBE}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed ra0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph ra0 8,60 BEBEBE BEBEBE}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup ra0}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown ra0}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}Z${font}   Signal: ${wireless_link_qual ra0}% ${alignr}${wireless_link_bar 8,60 ra0}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}a${font}   Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr ra0}

${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth0 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth0 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth0}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth0}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}a${font}   Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr eth0}

${endif}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth1}
${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed eth1} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth1 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed eth1} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth1 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth1}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth1}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}a${font}   Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr eth1}

${endif}${else}

You'll also need to find the PizzaDudeBullets font, and perhaps a couple of others.

Associate
You'll also need to find the PizzaDudeBullets font, and perhaps a couple of others.

Aaaahhhhh!!

The icons are characters of the font!! That makes so much more sense now - I thought I'd missed something really fundamental from "man conky"!!

Nice one - cheers mate :)

Associate
OK - thought it was time for a refresh since my last screenies on here, have updated my conkry (mostly making it less cluttered and easier to read), changed window manager to openbox (the fluxbox devs are lazy as hell: haven't seen an update in literally years...). Other than that, it's pretty similar though.

Also - cheers manic111 for the conky tips :)

Soldato
OK - thought it was time for a refresh since my last screenies on here, have updated my conkry (mostly making it less cluttered and easier to read), changed window manager to openbox (the fluxbox devs are lazy as hell: haven't seen an update in literally years...). Other than that, it's pretty similar though.

snip

Also - cheers manic111 for the conky tips :)

Looks nice!!! To be fair I pretty much nicked that Conky config from the Crunchbang forums, just made a few moderations, so thought that it was only right that I pass it on :D

What are you running Openbox through? Arch?

Last edited:
Associate
Looks nice!!! To be fair I pretty much nicked that Conky config from the Crunchbang forums, just made a few moderations, so thought that it was only right that I pass it on :D

What are you running Openbox through? Arch?

Nah, gave up on Arch last year for my main desktop. It's a great distro, but too unstable. Running Sabayon 4.2 x64 on this box now and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Only very minor niggle that I'm using a KDE 4 as the back end for OB (can't be bothered with Kwin though) and have to have KDE3.5 base installed for Amarok 1.4 (Amarok 2 sucks... :()

The (gui) browser is Arora (very light - liking it a lot, although it's still far from complete) and the theme is "darkPearl" which is a QtCurve preset I found on kdelook.

Transparency by xcompmgr.

Soldato
Running mint 7...

screenshotwy.png

Back
Top Bottom