How about a Linux gallery?

Associate
Another re-theme!
screenshot1d.png

Associate
my only gripe with linux is when installing things, maybe just because im used to windows too much

Installing programs on Linux is a lot easier than it used to be. The new Ubuntu has made it a point and click affair and if you want to do anything special there are loads of helpful people out there.

Soldato
I didn't grasp the concept of repositories at first - I originally thought they were just for libraries etc. Now I think its one of the best ideas since sliced bread.

75% of the stuff I grab now is via the repository.

Soldato
I didn't grasp the concept of repositories at first - I originally thought they were just for libraries etc. Now I think its one of the best ideas since sliced bread.

75% of the stuff I grab now is via the repository.

I agree its the future i love just being able to grab want i need from the net

Soldato
My brand spanking new Crunchbang install, absolutely chuffed with it - just spent the last 3 hours tinkering!

EDIT: Oops, had my IP in it....back up later!

34fy2it.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Too late! Prepare to be boarded. :p

I look forward to it! ;)

Actually, yuck!

You don't happen to have any suggestions for my bottom panel do you? It looks awesome with nothing else open, but if you have a maximised window open it looks pretty tacky...I could change it to being opaque, but love the way that it looks with nothing open...conundrum!

1zxm6ue.jpg

See, tacky!

Associate
Here's my Linux-Mint 7 (Gloria) setup... Just showing off the new folder/file emblems+menu (really for a guy in another thread)... Enjoy!!

screenshotydf.png

Bigger Version

I like the way you can mark your Wine version of Firefox with a respectable looking wine glass now!! Also being able to mark video folders with a decent quality symbol is sweet (see right). Funny how those folder names got all blurred - must be a Compiz effect :D

Bob

Associate
Out of interest, why are you running Firefox through Wine? Testing? iPlayer?

No iPlayer is native x64 GNU/Linux. I am running the "The Bat!" in Wine till I find a better native email client. I am still trying to figure out how to get http internet links to open in Firefox (rather than the broken IE install) - hence why I originally installed Firefox in Wine... :D

Bob

Associate

After resizing it looked horrible and crap so decided to make it a thumbnail linking thingy.
Also a lol i spent about 2 hours editing a conky script to my preferences. :D
Only one thing that isnt working correctly is the CPU Temp but should be working after a restart. :)

Back
Top Bottom