How about a Linux gallery?

Associate
Screenshot-4.png

Click here to see my cubes :p

Click here for my curved expo view

I'm pretty happy with it, i think i still need to play around with the icon set a little but all in all i think its cool

Gaunt

Soldato
My new ubuntu setup

--snip--

quite boring atm as I've only just installed it :)

ubuntu 8.04 64bit
gnome with compiz
avant-window-manager
custom conkyrc with lm-sensors

Last edited:
Soldato
that openbox setup looks nice :)

I've just installed gentoo and am playing around with smaller, more lightweight WMs atm.
I'm on fluxbox atm :D playing around with pypanel, I tried openbox aswell, need to read up on configuration tho :)

Associate
just wondering, is that terminal integrated (fixed) into the destop or is it just running in a window with the decoration removed?

it's pinned to all workspaces, forced to 'always below', prevented from closing, minimising, resizing, appearing in the taskbar, task list, or alt-tab.

--ie its fixed to the desktop, yes.
if you want to do similar, I use a combination of the compiz window rules plugin and a program called devilspie

Soldato
I'm having a hard time understanding what Openbox is. I am reading the website and looking at the screenshots but I'm not noticing what I should be looking at.

Associate
Ubuntu 8.04

Here's my desktop...really loving the speed of this distro. Not played with Linux for some time and I would say it really is more than there for a Windows replacement. Finally, my 64bit processor is actually be utilised.

Screenshot.png

Back
Top Bottom