• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How log till MSRP ?

Soldato
My advice is just never buy from scaplers. At the moment you will loose you hugely!

I feel like pulling your own pants down to get shafted seems to be more prevalent than ever these days. I wanted a record from the record day event and it was going to cost around £30. I couldn't get to a shop on Sunday so took my chances with them going on sale at 6pm. Had about 6 sites open and all sold out in seconds. (Granted there wouldn't have been loads of stock but still..) I managed to get one in my basket and check out only to have it cancelled 10 minutes later. At this point i just thought, oh well I'll wait for it to turn up on Spotify or something. However, i went on Ebay and low and behold there were already 40 ish of them on there most being bid up to around 100... :( Its mental.

Permabanned
I feel like pulling your own pants down to get shafted seems to be more prevalent than ever these days. I wanted a record from the record day event and it was going to cost around £30. I couldn't get to a shop on Sunday so took my chances with them going on sale at 6pm. Had about 6 sites open and all sold out in seconds. (Granted there wouldn't have been loads of stock but still..) I managed to get one in my basket and check out only to have it cancelled 10 minutes later. At this point i just thought, oh well I'll wait for it to turn up on Spotify or something. However, i went on Ebay and low and behold there were already 40 ish of them on there most being bid up to around 100... :( Its mental.

The concerning question is, How come people can afford to pay this excess money!? :confused:

Associate
OP
Tbf I just bought one today for £568 :D

Nice, what flavour did u get ?

35wqpll.mp4

Man of Honour
It's not a good sign when people are impressed by someone being able to buy a card at the top of the budget range for "only" £568 because they're usually much more expensive than that.

Sure, it's a great budget graphics card. It's probably what I would be buying if prices were reasonable or even close to MSRP. But it's a budget graphics card and £568 is not a good price for a budget graphics card.

Soldato
It's not a good sign when people are impressed by someone being able to buy a card at the top of the budget range for "only" £568 because they're usually much more expensive than that.

Sure, it's a great budget graphics card. It's probably what I would be buying if prices were reasonable or even close to MSRP. But it's a budget graphics card and £568 is not a good price for a budget graphics card.
i agree, its insane what gamers will accept as a good price, for myself thats a ridiculous price, and thats the reason why prices have started to slow, because gamers cant resist. but once all these folk are out the way prices will fall faster for us that want normal prices, so let them carry on buying for time being and we will reap benefits:D

Soldato

Got to agree with this and I had to stop myself from replying to the person who bought one asking was he/she trying to convince us... or themself.

I paid £120 less than that for a 6700 XT and even that felt overpriced. Though I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, part of me thinks paying those prices sends the wrong message that we are OK with this.

Last edited:
Associate
OP

i agree, its insane what gamers will accept as a good price, for myself thats a ridiculous price, and thats the reason why prices have started to slow, because gamers cant resist. but once all these folk are out the way prices will fall faster for us that want normal prices, so let them carry on buying for time being and we will reap benefits:D

It's not about being impressed, its about not wanting to **** on someones bonfire when they have made a purchase that they feel was value enough for them :(

I am keenly watching the market, look at my signature !

Associate
I got my Vega 56 a year ago for £190 - are we going to see any budget options even when prices drop back down? Even looking at MRSP they are all £300+ :/

Guess It's time I stop gaming anyway.

Soldato
It's not about being impressed, its about not wanting to **** on someones bonfire when they have made a purchase that they feel was value enough for them :(

im not raining on anyones parade, im encouraging it, soon as all these buyers pay the over inflated prices, then those gpu's left will fall significulty as only those who will pay the normal ish prices will be left, supply will increase, prices will fall;):D

Man of Honour

Actively encouraging something is exactly that - actively encouraging something. You were acting as if you were impressed, which is what counts as long as you manage to fool people who see your response (which is easily done in this context and you succeeded in doing so).

I have disabled signatures on these forums. Why read the same couple of lines hundreds of times?

im not raining on anyones parade, im encouraging it, soon as all these buyers pay the over inflated prices, then those gpu's left will fall significulty as only those who will pay the normal ish prices will be left, supply will increase, prices will fall;):D

I think that's optimistic. I think it's more likely that PC gaming will wither away and so supply will fall too.

Associate
OP
Actively encouraging something is exactly that - actively encouraging something. You were acting as if you were impressed, which is what counts as long as you manage to fool people who see your response (which is easily done in this context and you succeeded in doing so).

I have disabled signatures on these forums. Why read the same couple of lines hundreds of times?

What are you talking about oh almighty god of the internetz who can discern someones meaning and intent from a single word. I know what I said and I know why I said it, stop projecting your negativity on to me.

Those who have a little consideration for other peoples personalisations on this forum can see that I still have a GTX 970... by choice.. would you like to explain to everyone what I mean't by 'choice' ? you have more context than a single word to work with this time so it should be very easy for you.

\f:\b!tchm0de.ps1 -disable

:cry::cry:

Man of Honour
What are you talking about oh almighty god of the internetz who can discern someones meaning and intent from a single word. I know what I said and I know why I said it, stop projecting your negativity on to me.

I referred to your positivity. You actively expressed your encouragement and approval of paying £568 for a budget graphics card. You're clearly very competent with English, so I think it's fair to assume you understood what you wrote. This negativity you've now made up is a fiction.

Back
Top Bottom