• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How log till MSRP ?

Associate
OP
I referred to your positivity. You actively expressed your encouragement and approval of paying £568 for a budget graphics card. You're clearly very competent with English, so I think it's fair to assume you understood what you wrote. This negativity you've now made up is a fiction.

Nope, you attributed your own meaning to my 'word' and placed a negative connotation on it. It's ok, I forgive you.

KDt3dK2.gif

EDIT : At the end of the day you can take what you like from it, it was meant for @smeemi and I hope that he enjoys his new GPU :D

Last edited:
Associate
Nope, you attributed your own meaning to my 'word' and placed a negative connotation on it. It's ok, I forgive you.

KDt3dK2.gif

EDIT : At the end of the day you can take what you like from it, it was meant for @smeemi and I hope that he enjoys his new GPU :D

:D I had a 3080 before using a 4K monitor. Secretly downgrading to 1440p with my 3060ti, won't tell the difference in framerates, technically got a 3080 for £568 :D XDD

Man of Honour

I also hope they enjoy their new graphics card, but that's irrelevant to whether or not it's a good sign that people are impressed by someone having the chance to buy a budget graphics card for "only" £568 because the price of graphics cards is so inflated that even budget cards usually cost even more than that.

So now you're going to argue about whether I forgive you or not.. damnit man ! Ok, you're right about everything, let's move on.

So now you're going to ignore most of your own post (#144, which I replied to before you added the animation and the second sentence). Well, at least you're being consistent.

Associate
OP
I also hope they enjoy their new graphics card, but that's irrelevant to whether or not it's a good sign that people are impressed by someone having the chance to buy a budget graphics card for "only" £568 because the price of graphics cards is so inflated that even budget cards usually cost even more than that.

So now you're going to ignore most of your own post (#144, which I replied to before you added the animation and the second sentence). Well, at least you're being consistent.

And you're still arguing with yourself ?

Associate

Yes it is a "budget" card in terms of performance, however its a high demand budget card, due to its size. I don't think it'll be available at MSRP (£460?) or readily available in stock anytime soon. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.. and get on your with life, rather than wasting your time with looking for GPUs every hour of the day. I prefer my time than money. Anyway, I'm glad I didn't pay a scalper.. could call the retailer one but they could have added £100 to it and it still would have sold out easily. One retailer had 8 of them for £749.99, all sold out over 3 days.

Associate
OP
Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.. and get on your with life, rather than wasting your time with looking for GPUs every hour of the day. I prefer my time than money. Anyway, I'm glad I didn't pay a scalper.. could call the retailer one but they could have added £100 to it and it still would have sold out easily. One retailer had 8 of them for £749.99, all sold out over 3 days.

I can't bring myself to do it, i'm too stubborn, especially when it comes to money and tech. They just aren't worth that much and having a big family that £150-250 surplus has more value than ME being able to play the latest AAA titles with smoking hot graphics. On top of that I'm not the only gamer in the house who needs a new GPU, another kid wants a gaming PC for chrimbo...

I have a GPU budget of £420.. it's 3060ti or nothing :mad:

... you never know next month it could be "Cancel the school trips ! Daddy's going ray traced !!"

Associate
I can't bring myself to do it, i'm too stubborn, especially when it comes to money and tech. They just aren't worth that much and having a big family that £150-250 surplus has more value than ME being able to play the latest AAA titles with smoking hot graphics. On top of that I'm not the only gamer in the house who needs a new GPU, another kid wants a gaming PC for chrimbo...

I have a GPU budget of £420.. it's 3060ti or nothing :mad:

... you never know next month it could be "Cancel the school trips ! Daddy's going ray traced !!"

Thats fair enough man. Annoying you didn't get a FE 3060TI today.. hope you get one soon for a good price :).

Man of Honour
Yes it is a "budget" card in terms of performance, however its a high demand budget card, due to its size. I don't think it'll be available at MSRP (£460?) or readily available in stock anytime soon. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.. and get on your with life, rather than wasting your time with looking for GPUs every hour of the day. I prefer my time than money. Anyway, I'm glad I didn't pay a scalper.. could call the retailer one but they could have added £100 to it and it still would have sold out easily. One retailer had 8 of them for £749.99, all sold out over 3 days.

It's a very good budget card. I'd probably buy it over a 3070, which was my initial choice, if it wasn't so overpriced. But I'll just carry on waiting. I'm not looking for graphics cards every hour of the day. I've decided to stop looking entirely. I'll continue with my 1070 Ti until either prices become reasonable or I'm pushed out of PC gaming by the very poor value for money. I could pay £2K for a graphics card, but I'm not going to. I lucked into a golden sample 1070 Ti which boosts very high and holds it, even more so than I expected given that I paid extra for one with what was, as far as I could tell, the best air cooling on a 1070 Ti at the time. I also game at 1440 and I think a 1070 Ti is still adequate for that. I run it at stock boost, but it will o/c much higher and even then it was being throttled by power consumption and not heat. If I undervolted it, it would probably go a bit higher. But I run it at stock. The overclocking was just temporary for benchmarking as a game in itself. Donkey Kong overclocking - how high can you get?

Good grief! I just looked up Donkey Kong and it was from 40 years ago! Doesn't seem that long ago. I'm showing my age there.

Associate
OP
Can we class the 6600 launch @ 'MSRP' the answer to this ?

Personally I don't think the card is worth the asking price. It's a £200-250 card priced up to extract the maximum from the current market.

Soldato
Can we class the 6600 launch @ 'MSRP' the answer to this ?

Personally I don't think the card is worth the asking price. It's a £200-250 card priced up to extract the maximum from the current market.

Not really, my R9 390 cost almost £300 in 2015. The RX 6600 XT performs well in all titles at 1080p, so is worth around £300 (rtx 3060 too, but it has the added benefit of DLSS). It also outperforms the rtx 3060 in most cases.

The RTX 3060 TI is worth up to £400.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not really, my R9 390 cost almost £300 in 2015. The RX 6600 XT performs well in all titles at 1080p, so is worth around £300 (rtx 3060 too, but it has the added benefit of DLSS). It also outperforms the rtx 3060 in most cases.

The RTX 3060 TI is worth up to £400.

The RX 580 was a 1080p card in 2019 and sold for about £170.

1080p is such a basic, budget, low cost resolution.

I dread to think what resolution the 3050 and 3050ti will be marketed for. Perhaps 720p gaming for £250 lol

Last edited:
Soldato
The RX 580 was a 1080p card in 2019 and sold for about £170.

1080p is such a basic, budget, low cost resolution.

Well, you get about double the frame rate on average (133 vs 65 FPS), with the 6600XT, vs the RX 580 8GB at 1080p, based on this:
https://tpucdn.com/review/sapphire-radeon-rx-6600-xt-pulse-oc/images/average-fps_1920_1080.png

And this doesn't show the 1% FPS lows. You need a much more powerful card at 1080p ultra, to play games smoothly in 2021. Most PC gamers are still playing at 1080p or lower (about 84.2% according to steam surveys), so this card is very relevant to them.

The ray tracing performance isn't too great on RDNA2, so anyone who wants that too, would be better off with a RTX 3060 TI.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Well, you get about double the frame rate on average (133 vs 65 FPS), with the 6600XT, vs the RX 580 8GB at 1080p, based on this:
https://tpucdn.com/review/sapphire-radeon-rx-6600-xt-pulse-oc/images/average-fps_1920_1080.png

And this doesn't show the 1% FPS lows. You need a much more powerful card at 1080p ultra, to play games smoothly in 2021. Most PC gamers are still playing at 1080p or lower (about 84.2% according to steam surveys), so this card is very relevant to them.

The ray tracing performance isn't too great on RDNA2, so anyone who wants that too, would be better off with a RTX 3060 TI.
It's double the price though and in another 4 years time should we expect to pay nearly £800 for a card that is double the performance of a 6600XT.

Soldato
I don't see your point? How does that make it good value? I bought an amazing 1080p card in 2019 for £200.

So now it's okay to increase the price of 1080p gaming to £379 because 67% have 1080p? I don't see that as a valid reason.

The point missed you - most gamers are on 1080p, so you saing its basic is a uselss argument. 4k gamers would be viewed as elitist and entitled.

Back
Top Bottom