How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
Unplugging it may get help clear the oil temp fault but I think it'd be more the case of a faulty MAF being the potential issue - pretty sure if you tried to run with it unplugged continually the car would throw up an ESP fault as the system uses MAF readings to calculate torque as part of ESP operation.

Try pulling fuse 26 first :)

Pull fuse 26 for about 10 minutes, reinsert and retry. You'll not be able to start the car with that out, or if you can it'll throw a massive wobbler as that's the fuse responsible for the Keep Alive Memory. If that doesn't work look at the MAP sensor. The MAF sensor has nothing to do with the dash pods.

Started working again on it's own today.

Loose connection? I'll still pull the fuse at the weekend mind but i'm starting to think i'm going to need to have the dials off for a look or order another unit.

Soldato
My old Black ST is on the bay :o

How much for? If I remember correctly you got a great price for it didn't you? Surely the seller is going to lose some serious money selling it so soon? Given that the ST prices seemed to have dropped over the last 6 months

Soldato
He has put massive wheels on it and it's up for £6400. You can see bits of paint have fell off the front parts of the sideskirts in the front arches. God knows how long that paint job would last long term :D

Associate
Started working again on it's own today.

Loose connection? I'll still pull the fuse at the weekend mind but i'm starting to think i'm going to need to have the dials off for a look or order another unit.
I'd give it some time and see if it behaves itself now ;)

Soldato
I fitted some boot struts with springs in them yesterday so now my boot opens automatically when I press the boot open button on my key fob. I'm a sucker for gimmicks lol :D

Ordered some new shoes yesterday, Bola B6's (brand new, not on the Bola website even) in black with an ET of 38 so I won't need any spacers to make them fill the arches. Sold my old wheels already and will sell the spacers I have so the "upgrade" is not costing me much at all. Very excited :)

Associate
I fitted some boot struts with springs in them yesterday so now my boot opens automatically when I press the boot open button on my key fob. I'm a sucker for gimmicks lol :D

Ordered some new shoes yesterday, Bola B6's (brand new, not on the Bola website even) in black with an ET of 38 so I won't need any spacers to make them fill the arches. Sold my old wheels already and will sell the spacers I have so the "upgrade" is not costing me much at all. Very excited :)

Have you got a link for the boot struts by any chance?

ET38 should fill the arches nicely - same as my Oz's and they vastly improve the stance of the car compared to when I run standard wheels over winter.

Soldato
Have you got a link for the boot struts by any chance?

ET38 should fill the arches nicely - same as my Oz's and they vastly improve the stance of the car compared to when I run standard wheels over winter.

I got them from a guy on Facebook, I can trust you his profile if you like.

EDIT: You don't have trust enabled, so that won't work.

Soldato
This got delivered yesterday :) It's the diesel but will make my A road commute much more fun than the 8 year old Vectra I had before!

I'm chuffed...handles great, just about enough power and the seats are extremely comfy. I can't help wishing it was a petrol but it didn't make sense for the amount of mileage I do.

j0FPJYN.jpg

uNWVhuA.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks great in black ;) great looking motor the new ST and 185bhp is still more than enough power While getting good mpg.Big improvement all round compared to a Vectra :D

Soldato
Yes really happy with the colour considering I hadn't seen a single black one before I ordered or in the 3 months waiting for the car!

The power is just enough I think, first and second gear are over in a flash though. Mpg seems decent, it's average 35mpg over my first 50 miles and it's fair to say I haven't been taking it easy.

Associate
I can't speak for the diesel, but my petrol took about 5000 miles before I started seeing decent MPG.
When she was brand new I was getting about 23mpg and now I get about 28, same driving style, just the engine has loosened up.

Soldato
As my other car got written off a couple of weeks ago I decided to get something a little brighter in the hope people will see it and not run into it....

st3b.jpg

Not normally a Ford buyer but have to admit I'm surprised and very pleased with this and it will keep me going during the wait for an RS :)

Soldato
how do you tell the difference between st-1,2 and 3?
My dads just bought a 15 plate one but doesn't know what it is,

It's the 2.0 ecoboost has leather recaros self park parking cameras, cruise, that thing that keeps you in the lanes on the motorway. wheels are 235/40/18 anthracite.

Soldato

It's the 2.0 ecoboost has leather recaros self park parking cameras, cruise, that thing that keeps you in the lanes on the motorway. wheels are 235/40/18 anthracite.

Well for a start he should know from the documentation as it makes a difference for insurance etc and what he paid for it!

but...

ST1

Standard features include:
Unique 18” 5-Spoke ‘Y’ design alloy wheels
Thatcham Category 1 alarm
ST designed full body styling kit
Unique ST rear spoiler
Rear diffuser and central dual outlet exhaust tailpipe
Manual air conditioning
New Recaro sports front seats with fabric trim
Ford DAB audio system – includes Ford SYNC with Emergency Assistance
SYNC 1: Bluetooth & Voice control, AUX and USB connectivity
Leather-trimmed ST steering wheel with red ST logo and gearshift knob with red stitching
Power heated door mirrors
Ford Power Starter Button
Console with sliding armrest
Sports-tuned suspension
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
My Key®
Black finish roof rails (Estate only)

ST2
Additional to ST-1:
New Recaro sports front seats with colour coded partial leather trim*
Dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
Quickclear heated windscreen
Dedicated LED daytime running lights
Rear lights with LED technology
Automatic headlights, Auto-dimming rear-view mirror and automatic rain sensitive wipers
Front and rear floor mats

ST3
Additional to ST-2:
SYNC with 8” Touchscreen DAB audio system
Bi-xenon headlights with adaptive front lighting and jetwash
18” ‘Y’-spoke Rock Metallic alloy wheels with Red brake callipers
Illuminated ST front door scuff plates
Power-foldable heated door mirros
Rear parking distance sensors
Cruise control with Speed Limiter
Recaro 8-way power adjustable heated front sports seats with leather seat facing
Ford KeyFree System

On top of that you can get the ST Style pack that has 19" alloys (much nicer IMO) etc.

Caporegime

It'll say on the V5c or if you use the DVLA sites to check/mot and tax as they are registered as 'Focus ST-1' etc.

Soldato
It's an st-3 according to that, I don't think he's looked at the V5 as the new one isn't here yet.

He's not keen on the sub in the boot though hehe, makes the already tiny boot tinier.

Back
Top Bottom