How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Looks almost identical to mine, although I have the Mountune rather than the Revo.

It's a stunning looking car, but white is a sod to keep clean.

[Edit] In other news... want this so bad... http://www.rsdirectbristol.co.uk/sales_detail/Ford-Focus-U284/
Anyone else think the RS are over priced second hand? That 6yr old RS for 25k is 15k more than the White ST linked a few posts up and with a stage 2 remap and other mods the ST would actually keep up with a standard RS.

Soldato
Yeah they're keeping their value really well. I don't believe it's all about value for money with a car like that though, it gives me something that no M3 or 911 could, for example. :o

Associate
only the low milers are keeping there value my nephew bought a green rs last year with 45k on it for under 19k and it is immaculate, the only reason they are stying up in price is because of rs direct which is not a bad thing

Soldato
As my other car got written off a couple of weeks ago I decided to get something a little brighter in the hope people will see it and not run into it....

st3b.jpg

Not normally a Ford buyer but have to admit I'm surprised and very pleased with this and it will keep me going during the wait for an RS :)

Very nice. I will keep an eye out for it.

I was thinking of going up to Days to see if they expect to get an RS in but probably unlikely.

Soldato
only the low milers are keeping there value my nephew bought a green rs last year with 45k on it for under 19k and it is immaculate, the only reason they are stying up in price is because of rs direct which is not a bad thing

A very large portion of the RS fans do not like the MK3 for many many reasons and that is a big reason the MK2 is retaining it's value as it is in demand.

Soldato
Too many doors puts me off to be honest but to the person who asked about values.. the RS holds it's value because you're not supposed to ever use it from what I can see.

Why something thats been taken out of the garage twice a year to be absolutely battered is worth more than something thats been used and serviced etc is a little beyond me...

Just like how I wouldn't mind a Mk1 or MK2 RS but I can't because I do too many miles... frustrating.

I did 130k in 2 STs and they weren't bad for it tbh.

Soldato
I actually think the Mk2 is better looking and the move back to a four cylinder really bothers me.

Still, a 290hp ST is perfectly ample... for now. :D

Associate
mine has turned in to a garage queen now will be in there for 2 years I think unless a cheap rs pops up in the near future,it wiil still be out for 2 shows this year tho

Caporegime
A very large portion of the RS fans do not like the MK3 for many many reasons and that is a big reason the MK2 is retaining it's value as it is in demand.

They don't like it because it's better in every way and too many RS owners bought them for 'investment potential' so a new model is going to impact the artificially high values.

Soldato
They don't like it because it's better in every way and too many RS owners bought them for 'investment potential' so a new model is going to impact the artificially high values.

It's better because it's 4wd. But I still prefer the 5 pot from the mk2. It had more character and is something a bit special.

Last edited:
Associate
It's the body style with the mk3 that puts me off it, same if it's in ST guise or RS. Nothing against 5dr's if it looks right but to me it doesn't.

Even with the RS having 4wd and all the other bells & whistles the visual aspect is important enough that I'll stick with my mk2.5 ST for a good while longer yet.

Back
Top Bottom