How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
Right.... Being anal here but I'd just like to correct my earlier post (#2377).
Maybe I'm the only one that has only just worked this out!? The car manual certainly doesn't explain it very well.

The two switches next to the dipped/main beam switch, control both the day and night time panel illumination. If you try and adjust the panel illumination during day light hours, you only get a relatively small amount of adjustment (5/6 bars). But if you use these 2 switches when it's dark and at least your side lights are on, you get to adjust the night time level of illumination of the panel lights and get a much wider amount of adjustment (10/12 bars).
IE. you can adjust day/night time levels of panel illumination separately.

The illumination of the infotainment screen is done solely in the O/L menu (settings/display).
Here you can set the level of day/night time illumination of the screen.
If you set it to auto but without auto dimming, you get the chance to set the night time level of illumination and have a wide selection of settings for this. The infotainment screen will then dim to the level you have set when it's dark and you switch your lights on. This is what I now have it set to, as I find the auto dimming function very distraction, as it has a tendency to keep changing the level of screen illumination. And it's this that you tend to see out of the corner of your eye, every time it gets a bit darker/lighter. Not having auto dimming on, means you can put your side light on and it doesn't dim your infotainment screen unless it's pretty dark. Handy if you've only put them on if it's say drizzling with rain and a bit overcast.

Yes, sad I know, but played around for ages with this today.

Last edited:
Soldato
Chops a silencer out of the exhaust, makes it sound a bit nicer :)

Makes it a lot nicer! :D

Hard to hear it inside the car as sound is piped into the cabin but you can definitely hear the difference from stock outside. No drone which is nice.

Took my ST to an exhaust place who neatly cut the silencer out and welded in a straight through pipe.

Nice cheap modification that keeps the stock look but improves the virtually non existent exhaust sound.

Soldato
I Changed my puddle lights bulbs to some white LED bulbs a few days ago
as I was removing the bulb holder One the bulbs fell out of the bulb holder into the puddle light unit ,What a pain in the ass that was to get out...:mad:

But now it done it looks so much better with the white LED's :):)

Now I want to change the cornering light bulbs to white ones ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I Changed my puddle lights bulbs to some white LED bulbs a few days ago
as I was removing the bulb holder One the bulbs fell out of the bulb holder into the puddle light unit ,What a pain in the ass that was to get out...:mad:

But now it done it looks so much better with the white LED's :):)

Now I want to change the cornering light bulbs to white ones ;)

Did you pop the mirror off? Or how did you actually go about to change the bulbs?

Ive tried to pop the mirror off but scared to break it!!!

Soldato
Did you pop the mirror off? Or how did you actually go about to change the bulbs?

Ive tried to pop the mirror off but scared to break it!!!
No I didn't take the glass out
(I Was afraid I would crack the glass and as mine has the mirror glass with the built-in blind spot lights am guessing they would not be cheap to replace)

I Used a few small screwdrivers and a pair of long nose pliers and tilted the mirror glass all the way inwards ..

Last edited:
Associate
My CP340, it's being Forged after winter and going CP420 full RS conversion

IMG_2165_zpswschwv0x.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
How are these modded 300+bhp ST's even driveable? I find my standard ST truly awful in anything but dry conditions. The slightest damp road or rain etc and trying to take off remotely quick results in the wheels clattering and spinning and esp kicks in far too much unless switched off. I've never known a car as bad at putting it's power down as the mk2 ST225. Knowonder they eat driveshafts :D

Associate
Gentle right foot plus getting into second quicker helps I'd say. Got a LSD in mine so maybe that makes it easier but in truth it's not often I go for rapid getaways anyhow.

Would say the CP 320/340 puts the power/torque down a lot more progressively plus 1st and 2nd keep the torque limiters so it doesn't turn it into an evil undriveable beastie :)

Back
Top Bottom