How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
Thanks chaps. The 19's and the facelift have really transformed the car for me, I'll definitely be looking to have both.

I expected it to be about that money, it's right at the upper end / a touch over my budget.

Soldato
Had a few issues with my Sync 2 recently. As soon as it connects to my phone it thinks it is on a call and wont do anything.

Also struggling with traction recently. Wheels just spin and spin. I wouldn't say im even giving it that much right foot. Traction just is not there can be a bit scary when pulling out at junctions/roundabouts.

Soldato
but I would consider getting a model with the optional style pack. As I think the car looks so much better on the 19in rims. Ride quality is still pretty good and hardly (at least to me) any noticeable difference to how the car rides on the stock 18in wheels.
I like my rock metallic 18" wheels better ....:) (The Bottom picture is my own St3 ;))
But everyone got a different taste..

Last edited:
Soldato
Always a personal thing, as to what looks better. Beauty in the eyes of the beholder, as they say :)

Though tend to agree that the darker wheels look better with the white body. Though they do the bigger wheels in black (like I have) and they look really cool with white.

Soldato
Always a personal thing, as to what looks better. Beauty in the eyes of the beholder, as they say :)

Though tend to agree that the darker wheels look better with the white body. Though they do the bigger wheels in black (like I have) and they look really cool with white.
I Don't like the standard 18" wheels in plain silver on a white ST, feel it makes it look just like a standard focus
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...tion=at_cars&make=FORD&postcode=dg73la&page=1

I don't know why this ST3 has standard silver wheels as an ST3 comes with wheels in rock metallic :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
The 19's that come out with the Facelift are the ones to have. Otherwise it looks like you got a facelift with old stock from the pre-facelift. IIRC there was a crossover of a few months where the 19's weren't available.

Soldato
i thought the ride on the 19's was awful when i test drove a hatchback with them. Went with the smaller rims after driving the estate with them.

The ride is harsh enough on 18's

Soldato
i thought the ride on the 19's was awful when i test drove a hatchback with them. Went with the smaller rims after driving the estate with them.

The ride is harsh enough on 18's

Just goes to show how much personal preference etc. Comes into it. When I was looking to buy earlier in the year, I test drove two cars (one with 18's and the other with the optional 19's) pretty much back to back ( at least on the same day) and if blind folded, I think that I would have struggled to tell which was which:)

Cant say that I find the ride harsh at all myself. But I suppose it depends on what sort of cars you've come from. Now the Ibiza cupra that I had at one point, that "was" a harsh ride. Just about knocked your fillings out if you clipped a pot hole etc. :D And speed bumps you had to absolutely crawl over. Very much had to keep an eye out and stear round things like raised man hole covers for fear of breaking the steering rack in half. The focus just takes them in its stride. Firm maybe but can't say that I would describe it as harsh. Try an earlier Fiesta ST... Now that is IMPO (and that's all it is) is way to firm for that sized car. Though by all accounts thae later ones have got the revised suspension from the limited edition Fiesta ST 200 (or what ever it's called).

Though once again, all a matter of personal preference etc.:)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the 19's on mine but just stuck some 16" steels on it with winter tires and yes it's abit softer but the 19s aren't much worse.

Imo the 18" wheels look too small and dated now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quite a specific question.

Sync 2, can the screen be dimmed manually and to what degree? Also is there a night time mode that can be manually set?

Soldato
Gonna take a stab in the dark here but if you have voice control try "Navigation > Screen Day,Screen Night or Screen Off"

I have a 53 Plate Mondeo and that controls my screen, however I have noticed that a lot of the commands are the same in a 13 plate, it may also work in a Focus?

Soldato
Quite a specific question.

Sync 2, can the screen be dimmed manually and to what degree? Also is there a night time mode that can be manually set?

Basically "yes" to all your questions. There is also a wide range of manual adjustment to the screen brightness. There is even a button on the dash to turn the screen off completely.

Associate
Basically "yes" to all your questions. There is also a wide range of manual adjustment to the screen brightness. There is even a button on the dash to turn the screen off completely.

Which button, got a pic?

I'm reading all these comments about screen manual adjustment and settings thinking you guys must have different systems to ours :eek:

Personally, I find the brightness adjustment to be minimal and the "dim" mode just doesn't do anything really?

The biggest complaint I have is that the screen will refresh every so often. Out of the corner of your eye there is a flash as the screen updates and refreshes making me thing there is an alert or something, but it's all the same :confused:

Maybe it's just me

Soldato
2016 st3.

There are two buttons to the right of the light switch next to the steering wheel. This is for daytime mode and adjusts the brightness from so bright that it almost hurts your eyes during the day, to so dim that you can hardly see the screen (this also effects all the other dash lights etc.).

In the infotainment settings. You can choose whether to use auto dimming at night, or not. You can also choose the level of illumination for night time mode and this again (at least on my car), has a very wide range of settings.

There is also a button in the middle of the dash (bottom right hand corner of the climate control labeled DISP) that blanks the infotainment screen completely, should you wish.

What doesn't work quite as well as it maybe should. Is that the auto dimming doesn't just appear to switch straight from daytime mode, to night time mode as it gets dark. It looks to do it in a couple of stages. So if for say it's a bit overcast, it will dim slightly. If you then go under some trees and it gets a bit darker, it will dim further. I at times can find this a bit distracting. It's also maybe what you are mistaking for the screen at times appearing to "refresh". This is certainly how mine works and the other two face lift ST's that I've driven. Cant speak for the pre face lift model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom