How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
Get it block modded which will include a new head gasket, all belts and then peace of mind that your liners are good too. It's what I would do and what I have done.
I already had the belts and waterpump done around 10 months ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
Considering where you live and the sort of driving you must be doing (unless traveling over to the mainland) then I suspect you'll be lucky to see much more than 25/26MPG.

Just drive the car and enjoy it and try to forget how often you are having to visit a petrol station :D
Got 21.7mpg average over 1100miles

Soldato
That seems pretty shocking, I get better than that out of a 3.0 V6!
I used to own a Nissan ZX300 3L V6 and i used to get around 17mpg if I remember right..

It not far off the MPG I used to get out my RX8 (When engine was good)
And I drove my RX8 far far harder (Just Loved the sound from the exhaust when flooring it ;) But think it used to wake everyone in the whole island up :p)

Last edited:
Soldato
I used to own a Nissan ZX300 3L V6 and i used to get around 17mpg if I remember right..

It not far off the MPG I used to get out my RX8 (When engine was good)
And I drove my RX8 far far harder (Just Loved the sound from the exhaust when flooring it ;) But think it used to wake everyone in the whole island up :p)
It sounds as if you've a rather heavy right foot ;)

Soldato
Starting to think about a cut and run with the Octavia of doom and possibly looking at a mk3 ST estate as they seem to fit the bill with regards performance / age / cost mix. Have been thinking about a few different cars but ideally I'd like somethig I can confidently run without extended warranty on top of the purchase price

Any reason other than the slightly nasty (we have a fiesta so I'm sort of used to it though I do hate the pathetic little screen) interior not to? I can't see a whole lot of common issues with them. Probably a 2013 ST-3 with 50k or so. The front end doesn't bother me

Mpg isn't really a concern neither is ved or insurance as I've always had a similar sort of motor

Soldato
No major faults I don't think. All the fast Fords are pretty solid mechanically. Interiors are not amazing but thats because all the money goes in to the stuff that matters :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone had their SYNC2 throw a wobbly. My voice comms, sat Nav, USB and Bluetooth random stopped working since wed. I've booked it in for this week and all of a sudden today it kicked back in before going again a few hours later...

Associate
Has anyone had their SYNC2 throw a wobbly. My voice comms, sat Nav, USB and Bluetooth random stopped working since wed. I've booked it in for this week and all of a sudden today it kicked back in before going again a few hours later...

Yeah this seems to happen to me about 3 times a year, no idea what causes it, pretty dam annoying when it dose happen, and when you have to book it in the fault fixes itself before ford get to see it in it's broken state...

Soldato

It's quite normal, Microsoft makes the software...

Last edited:
Soldato
What roughly would you expect to pay for a 15 plate Focus ST-3 from a Ford dealer?

From looking at Autotrader, I would say between £18/20k depending on spec and miles.

Only my personal opinion (as the owner of a 2016 ST3) but I would consider getting a model with the optional style pack. As I think the car looks so much better on the 19in rims. Ride quality is still pretty good and hardly (at least to me) any noticeable difference to how the car rides on the stock 18in wheels.

Here's a decent looking one (if you like white):
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...-badge-engine-size=2.0&postcode=dg73la&page=1

PS. Reversing camera and the heated steering wheel are nice little extras, if you can find a car with them.

Back
Top Bottom