How many Focus ST owners on here

Looking for a facelift ST-3, hopefully I can get something well looked after for £10,000. Prices seem to have gone up since last year though. :(

That's a good budget and you will have plenty to choose from. ST3 is definitely the spec to go for, try and get one with climate control for the nicer heater buttons! You could also try and find a one which has been mountuned, it transforms the car, and if already done will save you some money as I'm sure it's something you want want to be doing anyway ;).

That example doesn't look brilliant, but I could be wrong. Bad tyres, curbed alloys and nasty side stripes. I'd also be annoyed the dealer has slapped a big sticker on the bonnet too...

Prices seemed to have stayed the same if not increased a little over the last year. I don't think the new ST has been a big hit, and has actually done the older ST a favour :). Which is not what I had predicted!

That's a good budget and you will have plenty to choose from. ST3 is definitely the spec to go for, try and get one with climate control for the nicer heater buttons! You could also try and find a one which has been mountuned, it transforms the car, and if already done will save you some money as I'm sure it's something you want want to be doing anyway ;).

That example doesn't look brilliant, but I could be wrong. Bad tyres, curbed alloys and nasty side stripes. I'd also be annoyed the dealer has slapped a big sticker on the bonnet too...

Prices seemed to have stayed the same if not increased a little over the last year. I don't think the new ST has been a big hit, and has actually done the older ST a favour :). Which is not what I had predicted!

Thanks for the tips, I might keep looking around.

An ST-3 with Climate Control and Mountune would be ideal, otherwise it runs the risk of being a downgrade from my 12 year old vRS in a couple of ways!

I might go test drive that one anyway, because I haven't actually been out in one yet. I'm hoping a standard one is as quick as my modified vRS (having ~220 bhp, coilovers, etc). I'm sure it will be an improvement and should definitely have more character and more entertaining handling.

Last edited:
I retired my Octavia vRS today.

Looking for a facelift ST-3, hopefully I can get something well looked after for £10,000. Prices seem to have gone up since last year though. :(

C1pher1 that looks fantastic. The best spec, colour, and door count!

Cheers mate. Another vote for the ST3. Definitely worth the extra over the 2, the leather seats give it that premium feel and feel lovely once the heaters are on full whack. I got mine with the climate control and it does give the dash a better look and gives much more options than the standard dials.

Anyone suggest an alternative clutch/ flywheel combo to the rs spec stuff

Old man is looking into mapping his st3 and is planning on updating the clutch before hand due to the no of horror stories he's heard best price I'm hearing is around a grand fitted

Old man is looking into mapping his st3 and is planning on updating the clutch before hand due to the no of horror stories he's heard best price I'm hearing is around a grand fitted

Yep, another one Ford clicked on to and decided to increase the price, I think you could pick them up for ~£600 not that long ago, they are now closer to £900, and that's without fitting! I've only heard of one other company making a clutch for the ST that can handle the power, and that's even more expensive!!!

There is the Volvo option, but it's around the same price. You could look to go without the DMF if you can get labour cheaply, as that'll save you about £400. Just beware that it oculd fail further down the line and you'll have to drop the box again.

Has anybody fitted the MK3 "mist" washer jets to their ST? I fancy doing this, but it seems Ford have clicked onto this and hiked the price from £2.95 each to £14.95 each!!!

I did this on my fiesta last year. They are brilliant, throw out a nice fan shaped mist but were only about 8 quid all in. That was for heated ones too.

Picked a 58 Plate up on Sunday and have had a big smile on my face ever since, the sound is brilliant.

Looking to save for a intercooler and a remap.

New GTI is out with a "performance front differential". I wonder if that's any good. Expensive though for 230 PS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom