How many Focus ST owners on here

I drove one of these Monday, what sort of boost do they make standard?

Was a 57 plate.

Boost meter is 1.2bar, I believe stock they make around half that. With the MP260 I get about half boost to around 4.5K then it's up to 1 bar and a bit more.

I do owe you a passenger ride mind (I believe it was your S2000?), if you're going to the RR day and fancy it just ask. :)

Fitted the new "mist" style washer jets today. Pretty simple and straightforward job.

IMG_20130406_132806_zpsf116e492.jpg

Turns out I did have heated jets, so now only have non-heated as they were the ones I ordered off eBay.

Probably going to get a non-return valve as well to prevent the problem of water dribbling all over the bonnet!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271169477138?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Anyone shed any light on a couple of questions for me?

I haven`t started my ST3 (2005) for a good three or four weeks and so its done a splendid job of emptying the battery enough that it wont start!!

I am going to borrow a "Jump start Pack" of of someone and hopefully get it going again but before I do I wondered about a couple of things:

1. Anyone know if its OK to use a pack on the ST as I don't want to fry anything if at all possible.

2. Someone advised me to attach the negative cable to a bolt around the suspension strut....Is that OK or anyone got a better idea of where I can attach it as the Engine bay is a little "snug" on these cars ?

Basically I need some instructions that only the kind of wally that forgets to use the car enough can understand.

Cheers for any help, It really is very much appreciated.
EDIT: I have been googling around but not much specific to the ST and unfortunately my manual isn't here with me right now.

Last edited:
I used one to start mine the other month, has been fine. There should be a crimped cable end on the passenger side front suspension strut top, which you could connect the negative to, that's where I did it.

Thanks for the reply Mucky Pup.

Just got hold of my manual and it seems you were right on the money.
Well fingers crossed my fists of ham dont break anything tomorrow!

Best get searching for some procedures for using a jump start pack I think!!

My local Ford dealer is getting a ST-3 in for me to look at. It's a 2010 model that's done 16,000 miles.

Assuming it's immaculate does £13,000 sound reasonable from a main dealer?

It's just what I want (Blue, 3 Door) the only thing putting me off is that I would prefer the 2010.25 ST-3 spec that had climate control, key less entry, auto mirrors, wipers, lights, etc as standard.

As i'm going to spend top money, that's the only doubt I have.

Last edited:
My local Ford dealer is getting a ST-3 in for me to look at. It's a 2010 model that's done 16,000 miles.

Assuming it's immaculate does £13,000 sound reasonable from a main dealer?

It's just what I want (Blue, 3 Door) the only thing putting me off is that I would prefer the 2010.25 ST-3 spec that had climate control, key less entry, auto mirrors, wipers, lights, etc as standard.

As i'm going to spend top money, that's the only doubt I have.

Could you not hold out for the 2010.25 spec? The climate control will be worth it, it's something I wish mine had...

Back
Top Bottom