How many Focus ST owners on here

Joined the club :)

C3E14C11-F817-478E-9495-A5E65DAEA376.jpg

The ST sounds sweet with a nice cat-back fitted, but without causing annoyance for the general public as well.

DSCi isn't so bad with standard set-up, clutch wise but old memory coming back now seems to think if you've got uprated intercooler or downpipe then the boost levels can get too high and that's what the clutch doesn't like. Even then when I finally went for the RS clutch plus DMF etc last year, which seemed the ideal time for an LSD too ;)

With AFR's I don't think you've got anything to worry about - with all of the most common maps I'm aware of, DS, BF, MT & Collins I've never heard of any problems in this area. In theory as the ECU takes feedback from 2 lambda sensors it's adjusting fuelling etc to achieve AFR targets, and unless something was specifically changed in the map this wouldn't be an issue. Can remember my last ST on a DS dyno day but running BF map that their probe in tailpipe said AFR was on low side, but Superchips's response was that by taking reading from tailpipe this causes an inherent delay in the measurement hence it'snot very accurate way to do it......

It doesn't really work like that, closed loop is only used at a cruise. Wide open is definitely going to be open loop.

Anyone after some CF style steering wheel inserts? Just took mine off to remove what I thought was wrap of some kind but they are actually coated ones, Underground Parts?

Just looking to swap for standard ones.

It doesn't really work like that, closed loop is only used at a cruise. Wide open is definitely going to be open loop.
I stand corrected there then.

What's the reason it works that way - with all the concern these days about emissions etc wouldn't systems have to run 100% closed loop?

went to look at a 56 plate ST today - seemed well looked after - but maybe a bit pricey was 8k from a Ford dealer - 3 months warranty

had Xenons, and electric rear windows which was nice

interior seemed a bit dated though

but on start-up - at idle it had an annoying high pitched whine from engine - sounded either electrical or a belt - very high frequency

it seemed a bit expensive to me - so didn't query it

Oil Diaphragm? Don't they make a 'space ship' type noise?

For reference i've just paid £6750 for a 2007/57 ST-3 with 61k on the clock (private).

Last edited:
will google youtube it :) thanks

it was sort of 12k upwards sort of frequency, loud enough to be obvious from outside of car with bonnet shut, and continuous in tone, didn't seem to change

went to look at a 56 plate ST today - seemed well looked after - but maybe a bit pricey was 8k from a Ford dealer - 3 months warranty

had Xenons, and electric rear windows which was nice

interior seemed a bit dated though

but on start-up - at idle it had an annoying high pitched whine from engine - sounded either electrical or a belt - very high frequency

it seemed a bit expensive to me - so didn't query it

8k for a 56 plate ST is utterly ridiculous! I paid that for an ST-2 06 plate from a ford dealer with a 0% finance offer and 52,000 miles.....in 2010!

Last edited:
I've been looking around within 50 miles or so of my locaiton (Essex) and not finding a lot

I found a few dealer 10 plate ones but they're Ithink near 12k and since the new version STs can be found for sub 15k that seems a lot to me

budget is up to 16k or so

hence why I was looking at new style ones as well - bu tas someone said on here a few weeks back - if I can have as much fun with an older style one for 6-7k less then why not :)the less I pay the better

Seriously I sold mine at the end of 2011 and it seems prices are still the same today for the same thing! 3 years and no depreciation.

Who would have thought!

I had the same viewpoint to be honest, Buckster.

I was looking for Facelifts but couldn't justify one when PFL's were up to or over £2k cheaper in some cases.

Back
Top Bottom