How many Focus ST owners on here

Permabanned
Yeah but an RS with the same will be far faster again so a kinda pointless comparison.

My comparison was that the cheaper ST (and still cheaper with re-map), is quicker than standard more expensive RS.

EDIT: For comparison

£15,995 - 2010 ST with mountune upgrade*
2010 FORD FOCUS 2.5 ST-3 3DR MOUNTUNE

£19,495 - 2010 RS standard
2010 FORD FOCUS 2.5 RS

*mountune MP260 has been proven to out accelerate standard RS in many tests.

Last edited:
Soldato
My comparison was that the cheaper ST (and still cheaper with re-map), is quicker than standard more expensive RS.

EDIT: For comparison

£15,995 - 2010 ST with mountune upgrade*
2010 FORD FOCUS 2.5 ST-3 3DR MOUNTUNE

£19,495 - 2010 RS standard
2010 FORD FOCUS 2.5 RS

*mountune MP260 has been proven to out accelerate standard RS in many tests.

Yeah from that point of view it makes sense. I thought you were saying don't get the RS cos the ST can be quicker lol.

Soldato
OP
Throw enough money at the ST and it will eat a standard RS for breakfast, throw enough money at a RS and .....

My ST out performs a RS [ well the 2 standard ones that are at work] easily. The Mountune 350 RS is a little harder to beat,luckily the owner has no balls so generally i can out drive him.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The beauty of the ST is that you can take your pick from many tuning companies and order (or pick up secondhand) a remap handset, the RS on the other hand isnt as simple. To date you can't just plug in a handset and do a remap it requires the ECU to be unlocked and so will the warranty, unlike most of the ST versions which can be taken back to standard for servicing etc (not saying this doesn't break warranty either but it's not as detectable hence more popular). The fella I know that has the Mountune RS 350 previously had a Mountune ST 260 and he never stops going on about how disappointed he felt driving home after buying the RS (was still in standard form then) hence first chance he had he booked it in for the 350 upgrade.

Soldato
The reason I would buy an RS would be for it's outlandish looks and trick suspension not for the outright power.

If you only require the latter then the ST + mods will be the way to go.

Soldato
bright green obviously :)

thats how I reconciled myself to my orange st, why pretend its something it isn't? It's a whizzing, popping, turbo lagging, petrol drinking old fashioned ford hot hatch.

might as well play to it, I got a fair amount of stick for my orange one (I was a national account manager at the time) even so everyone confessed that they loved having it in the car park :)

Caporegime
bright green obviously :)

thats how I reconciled myself to my orange st, why pretend its something it isn't? It's a whizzing, popping, turbo lagging, petrol drinking old fashioned ford hot hatch.

might as well play to it, I got a fair amount of stick for my orange one (I was a national account manager at the time) even so everyone confessed that they loved having it in the car park :)

lol yeah only two colours for me, green or white. I think the white with the black trim and black wheels looks fantastic yet at same time the green is just :D In fact everytime I hear Flo Rida on the radio all I can think of is this ...

Permabanned
The reason I would buy an RS would be for it's outlandish looks and trick suspension not for the outright power.

That's probably the only reason most people buy the RS. It's the larish style I guess.

I prefer a car that doesn't shout, hence I went for sea grey. Blends in well with the crowd of other cars. But to a true petrolhead, they will know whats under the bonnet.

Soldato
If they're standard, it's the usual 225/40/18, which means pretty much every tyre.

Camskill have CS3s and CS5's for £118 each, Eagle F1s for £117, the world is your oyster. Although this information is completely pointless if it's not a standard tyre size.

Soldato
I used to use Falken FK452s, had a LOT of sets and they were pretty good and not far off half the price you asked for.

I started using them instead of the standard fit items which I found way too soft wearing, 10k miles and done is a ****take.

Back
Top Bottom