*** How to obtain a bike license ***

Soldato
Congrats, who did you do it with?

Ah Swansea Lad!

I'm a proper bargain hunter mate, not tight... but like to get what I pay for.

Honestly, don't bother with the others and go to SMART Training. £99 CBT, £199 Mod 1, £299 Mod 2. Plus all the instructors are ex police officers and genuinely the nicest guys you'll ever meet!!

01792 798530. Ian is there now.

Mod 1 - Is done at the actual test centre Saturday mornings, he's developed a really solid lesson which takes through the first 7 tests, then the 3 big ones, then a free ride, then a mock test. Worked a treat as I didn't get a single minor!

Well done. :)

Cheers Guys.

Long wait to Mod 2 tho, loads examiners off.

Soldato
Congrats fella, well done :D

Hoping to get mine done some time this year.

Am I correct in saying that A1 and A2 is simply mod1 and mod2?

No, A1 Licence is for something CBT permanent
A2 Licences I think is what under 24 years old can pass and are on an A2 licences for 2 years then full licence.

And cheers pal.... Don't hang about.... Dates are filling up very very quickly as all the summer wannabe riders (me) book on quickly.

Get the theory booked today and download the DVA app (green motorcycle)

To get a A2/Full licence you need to do a CBT (£99)/Theory (£23), Mod 1 (£199) then Mod 2 (£299

Caporegime
Right, I'm confused.

I have a moped licence and a CBT. An A1 from what I understand would let me ride anything up to 11kw without noob plates and with a passenger (I can just imagine my lard arse on a 125 with a passenger lol).

Or I can skip this and go straight to A2, which involves a theory and a practical test.

So where does Mod1 and Mod2 fit in to all of this?

Soldato
Right, I'm confused.

I have a moped licence and a CBT. An A1 from what I understand would let me ride anything up to 11kw without noob plates and with a passenger (I can just imagine my lard arse on a 125 with a passenger lol).

Or I can skip this and go straight to A2, which involves a theory and a practical test.

So where does Mod1 and Mod2 fit in to all of this?

Unless you are under 25, you don't qualify for A2, you just go for category A.

Same mod 1 and mod 2 and theory, just on a 650cc bike.

Soldato
Thank **** for that. Passed mod 1 on a second go. 2 minors - too fast on slow ride, too slow first time swerving. Mod 2 Test booked for end of this month. Progress!

Associate
Thanks!

Man, it felt so horrible getting back on my 125 at the end of the day. I was so used to the weight and how much control the XJ6 offered, I almost threw my bike over on the first turn :D

Man of Honour
Every time I got back on my 125 after training on a 650 I died a little inside but the ride home to jump on my own 650 when I passed was great even if it was on a 125 :D

Back
Top Bottom