*** How to obtain a bike license ***

Soldato
Soldato
Cool thanks for the info guys, I'm swotting up already and looking forward to it.

@InvaderGIR yeh I plan to get the full license, so might look into getting some boots and gloves.

It’s above I ended up buying my own helmet (due to fridge head), jacket and gloves which all cost me around £200.

Did so because everyone saying about how minging the jackets and gloves places provide are :eek:

Soldato
Yeah I’d agree if you’re serious about it always best getting your own gear for it all as you will be using it anyway once complete. I wouldn’t say the provided gear is particularly bad.

But at least yours will fit how you like and especially the helmet/visor will be of decent quality and free of scratches etc. Not to mention it won’t have been used 1000 times before :p.

Have my mod 1 booked again for mid September. As on holiday next week until early sept. Still hoping to get it all done again before next year.

I have cancelled a few holidays and have 4 left so realistically have an extra 12-13 days off (in a row) to get mod 2 done as well.

Last edited:
Commissario
Wasn’t able to finish it, the other guy doing it with me was a bit slow to pick it up and had no road experience to we couldn’t complete the road ride. Pretty annoyed but c’est la vie!

Soldato
Why didn’t they just bin that guy off and let you crack on ?

Did he have no road experience whatsoever on a bike or as in car and bike ?

I hope I can do mine with no dramas :)

Commissario
I’m hoping I don’t have to pay any extra, only available time I could go back is 29th September as my weekdays are full now :(

Soldato
Honestly I wouldn’t have accepted that, they should have sent the other guy home and let you carry on to get your certificate and I certainly wouldn’t be paying another penny for another day.

Caporegime
As the others have said, they catered to the lowest denominator and that's wrong, they should've had someone to concentrate on the weaker chap and let you crack on. You paid for a day's training and that's what you should've got. I'd have been livid.

Associate
Absolutely agree with above comments.
On my CBT course the procedure was that it was a one day course unless you weren't competent enough to satisfy the person doing the training by the end of the day then you may have to go back for further training.
The training school clearly haven't followed the correct procedure.
May be worth contacting the DVSA CBT or filling out a complaints form to stop it happening to others.

https://www.gov.uk/motorcycle-cbt/complain

Commissario
Thanks guys, I'll look into it. Certainly raises questions as to whether I should find someone else for my proper bike lessons.

Back
Top Bottom