***HTC Magic Thread***

Damnit Redmelo now I cannot decide which one I like best, quickly managing tones via your method through windows (since I charge via USB and USB mounting is pee easy) or via rings extended!!!

have just setup a nokia 5800 for my wife and what a clunky old POC it seems by comparison!

Has anybody found a good solution for editing office docs?

I'm sure one will be out soon once the marketplace is fully established - it may take until the other networks have cupcake devices though.

If anyone likes the look of the iPhone SMS chat style layout then there is an app called chompSMS you could use...

http://www.chompsms.com/

You love your Android phone? You SMS all the time? Then chompSMS is for you: It's got a great user interface, chat style SMS bubbles, touchscreen keyboards and many other great features! Also coming soon, T9 predictive touchscreen keyboard and color customizations.

Reading that it doesn't have T9 at the minute. I dont use predictive text any way so it doesn't bother me that much.

Seems to be a nice app, save attachments to your SD card, smiley support :)

Coming soon...

Upcoming New Features

• Ability to flag all Messages as "Read".
  • Add support for custom Font Packs.
  • Delivery Reports
  • Ability to quickly pick multiple contacts.

What weather app are people using? If any.

And yes, I'm looking at apps for when I get the phone. :p

Weatherbug for weather :p - the chompsms prompts you for subs as they have their own service too btw, the default view on the Magic is great for SMS messages, threaded and all nice :)

I found a MS Office document editor too, "Documents to go" but it's not free (as you'd expect) at $20 !

The earliest I can upgrade is at the end of June and I am highly considering getting this mobile.

My Samsung F700 has been amazing though and it still feels modern for an 18 month old mobile, I just hope I don't miss the slide out keyboard and wish I had gone for the N97.

You won't miss it ;p

I'm usually the first to complain about the simplest of annoyances and so far the few I have with the magic have already been solved by applications and some pro knowledge sharing from people here :p

This is magic related............read on

I'm beginning to regret getting a nokia 5800 as I got it on a 25 quid contract but quickly decided i wanted internet so now it's 30 quid............could have got the magic.
I've been through 2 5800's and the build is appauling.

As i'm within the 14 day cooling off period i might have a go at blagging vodafone to change me to the magic on the basis that i don't like the 5800. Is it worth a try?

The crucial thing for me though is................is it comfortable in the pocket and does it feel like it will break easily? Im a student, so can expect the odd knock, and it needs to be comfy in the jeans for raving. What you reckon?

As i'm within the 14 day cooling off period i might have a go at blagging vodafone to change me to the magic on the basis that i don't like the 5800. Is it worth a try?

Definately, if your within the 14 days you can demand a better handset (as yours were poor) or threaten to cancel the contract.

The other guys in this thread are better poised to answer the magic's build quality.

Definately, if your within the 14 days you can demand a better handset (as yours were poor) or threaten to cancel the contract.

The other guys in this thread are better poised to answer the magic's build quality.

Thanks for the response. Do you think it's worth it over the 5800?

The build quality seems very good but then again the phone hasn't been out long so any manufacturing faults/failures might not show up yet. It's very comfortable in the pocket - very light and quite slim.

Thanks for the response. Do you think it's worth it over the 5800?

One more quick question...........the headset, I like to listen to tunes on my mobile, is the headset bulky and how good does it sound?

I had the 5800 and the HTC is miles better in terms of build quality. The screen itself doesn't feel plastic and thin and doesn't flex like the Nokia one did.

It does not feel cheap at all, as I mentioned before, it feels like a one piece unit and feels tough although I'm not going to test it to it's limits anytime soon :p

The pouch it comes with is fine, it's soft and padded inside so will protect it nicely, it's leathery too and has stitched edging but the opening remains open so if you drop it and it falls that side first then there may be problems....

I use it as a mattress when I put the phone on the table at work for example, stops the back from scratching :p

The headset is poo quality, as with most bundled headsets. Best buying a 3.5mm adapter for £1 on ebay then using your own headphones.

The music player works nicely too, does anyone know if there's a special way to put music on the sd card too like you do with ringtones and stuff?

I had the 5800 and the HTC is miles better in terms of build quality. The screen itself doesn't feel plastic and thin and doesn't flex like the Nokia one did.

It does not feel cheap at all, as I mentioned before, it feels like a one piece unit and feels tough although I'm not going to test it to it's limits anytime soon :p

The pouch it comes with is fine, it's soft and padded inside so will protect it nicely, it's leathery too and has stitched edging but the opening remains open so if you drop it and it falls that side first then there may be problems....

I use it as a mattress when I put the phone on the table at work for example, stops the back from scratching :p

The headset is poo quality, as with most bundled headsets. Best buying a 3.5mm adapter for £1 on ebay then using your own headphones.

The music player works nicely too, does anyone know if there's a special way to put music on the sd card too like you do with ringtones and stuff?

How did you switch to the magic from the 5800? was it a similar situation to mine?

Back
Top Bottom