***HTC Magic Thread***

I absolutely love how customizable this phone is. It's so great how if you don't like something it can be easily changed, just like on a PC.

So far got Phonebook and chompSMS replacing the default dialler and SMS apps and the Hero keyboard is rather shexy too!

Touchpal is not as good as the Hero keyboard Alfie posted up, the delay on the key toast is too long giving the impression of sluggishness even though it's just as fast and the compact (vertical) keyboard has keys that are too close together as opposed to the nicely spaced out ones on the Hero KB (similar to an iPhone for example).

The secondary keypresses such as adding a "?" on the Hero one is much nicer, quicker and easier too, you simply hold the key then slide your finger sideways over the one you want or don't slide and just use the primary secondary.

Too much scrolling in Touchpal too to get to character inputs!

The Hero key button styles are nice and rounded off too, looks more pro and colour shading = win :D

Epic Fail.

I JUST realised that when I got the phone talking to the Vodafone person on the line I wanted an 8GB SD micro card and they said they had none in stock but if I took the phone into a Vodafone store they could give me one at no cost.

Reckon the store will still honour this as I forgot all about it? :(

Epic Fail.

I JUST realised that when I got the phone talking to the Vodafone person on the line I wanted an 8GB SD micro card and they said they had none in stock but if I took the phone into a Vodafone store they could give me one at no cost.

Reckon the store will still honour this as I forgot all about it? :(

If you go in there with Derren Brown confidence and quote what was said on the phone they WILL honour it i have no doubt.

P.s - Are you not finding the Hero keyboard a bit sluggish then? My main problem with it is that pressing the search key in the browser brings up a keyboard designed for URL's so if you want to google search more than one word you have to keep going to a dif keyboard to select space. apart from that i love it

Hmm no problems here at all with sluggishness :D

*puts on darren brown face"

Will report back if I find a Vodafone shop in Havant town centre (got some baking to do so will detour) at lunch!

Is there a way to properly quit an app when you're done using it? At the moment, if I read a text, use the browser, check my emails and calendar, then all those apps carry on running in the background until I manually close them with taskiller...

Is there a way to properly quit an app when you're done using it? At the moment, if I read a text, use the browser, check my emails and calendar, then all those apps carry on running in the background until I manually close them with taskiller...

Taskkiller widget. Done.

Edit: oops, just read the last sentence so you know bout taskkiller. No, there is no way to do that, you need to do it manually with a task killing app :(

how do i connect my phone to my pc? ive got the lead etc and press 'mount' to connect it and it doesnt work. the drive appears in my computer but i cant access it..

how do i connect my phone to my pc? ive got the lead etc and press 'mount' to connect it and it doesnt work. the drive appears in my computer but i cant access it..

Sounds like you are doing the right thing but it's not working............may be a fault. Try a different SD card or get the phone replaced.

Back
Top Bottom