HTC touch diamond

Soldato
Aside from this my phone seems to have developed a problem, short of a full hard reset of the software I cant seem to connect to 3G at all now, not inside not outside, nowhere. In an attempt to save some battery life last night I turned off the data connection which launched me straight onto the G network and thats it but I actually cant turn the data connection back on in the settings menu now. All very confusing as the data connection comes on when I want to use the internet for example but will only connect as G, this is something which is gonna really annoy me
That's exactly the problem i'm having.
Spoke to vodafone who said update the rom. So i did and still could not establish a data connection. Since friday i haven't been able to get back in touch with them (usless bunch of t*ssers that they are!)
Then last night, i suddenly got a data connection but only on GPRS, not HSDPA.

This phone really aint the best, wish i'd never bought it tbh.

Soldato
That's exactly the problem i'm having.
Spoke to vodafone who said update the rom. So i did and still could not establish a data connection. Since friday i haven't been able to get back in touch with them (usless bunch of t*ssers that they are!)
Then last night, i suddenly got a data connection but only on GPRS, not HSDPA.

This phone really aint the best, wish i'd never bought it tbh.

I'm going to give orange a phone however no doubt I'll be given the rom update line, im gonna try that before I phone them. If that doesn't sort it im gonna have some serious words about the phone. I'll probably call the upgrade team because that way I will speak to someone from the UK! :rolleyes:

Obviously your seeing exactly the same problem as me mate and its a damn annoying issue. As my problem for battery life goes I only discovered how bad it was 2weeks too late after I finally got my free internet I obviously wanted to use but then the battery life gets hammered, I like having a phone I can use for half a day sometimes, honestly I do.....:p

*Edit* Sorted the 3G thing randomly, all seems fine again.........for now! lol

Last edited:
Associate
Just a quick question regarding sat nav/maps etc, is there a charge for this?

My renewal with 02 will include the web bolt on, will that cover it?

Soldato
Google maps is free, you have to pay for a turn by turn service ie/ Tomtom or garmin.

Update

I have cahnged from Dutty 2.2 to panosha 2.1 and the phone is a lot better. Far more responsive. The battery seems to have bedded in a bit and I get 2 days from it, which considering the screen quality and it's capabilities is good.

I was going to return it, but tbh, I love it now. It took a while, but I wouldn't consider going back to a non touch screen now.

Also, windows mobile and the xda forums are excellent, the possibilites for somemone like me who likes to tweak things is unmatched.

Soldato
They claim its very hard to hit 250MB on a phone though.

Depends how often you use it, i use it daily for web brosing on and off and only do about 100mb a month.

If your worried about web usage then get Opera Mini as it shrinks webpages before downloading them, a page on OcUK would normally be massive when loading all of the 20k sigs, but Opera Mini shrinks the lot to about 15k a page.

Soldato
Just got mine yesterday on T-Mobile, now looking to debrand and put a new rom on to make it better.

Got it free on £25 a month including web and walk, after phoning up retentions. I am quite happy with it so far but seems a little sluggish hence the debrand and new rom needed.

Was going to get it on my o2 upgrade in decemeber, but prefer t-mobile for using the internet. I will just get a normal phone with a good camera in december instead now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope, nothing to worry about. Though on orange their Unlimited data is actually "250MB a month". They claim its very hard to hit 250MB on a phone though.
TomTom is nice to use on these phones i must say :D

Well to be honest I done quite a bit of browsing last month!

Was on Youtube and must have watched say 10-15vids....

Loads on here which is great, because it hardly uses your usage at all :)

BBC, SkySports, Email etc etc......

Only used 96MB and I have to admit I was very happy with the amount of browsing

Associate
I put Dutty's latest ROM on mine as soon as i got it, does this include the tweaks to enhance the battery life? Becuase even with very limited usage the battery is pretty much dead after a day. If so, I'd hate to think how bad it is with the standard ROM.

Back
Top Bottom