Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
OP
I'm going to try that with a bit of instant coffee in it. I think the problem I have is that my containers are too small and i can't put enough water in.

I had that problem. Protein shakers are perfect for this - the standard blender cup filled with liquid/Huel fills a standard protein shaker. No messing about measuring and weighing stuff - just fill everything to the top. For me at least it's just the right amount of water for 3 or 4 scoops.

Last edited:
Soldato
I put two tea spoons of instant coffee in my vanilla and I quite like the taste, still have some work to do on the thickness though. I blended some with ice this morning and added a bit of extra water was was better.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Pack says 5 parts water to 1 part huel. It was very runny. Gonna have to thicken her up a little.

Didn't find vanilla disgusting. Yet.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Hmm, I'm feeling gains already.. from all the shaking. Anyone using something more effective that their shaker bottle?

Associate
A lot of people are reporting that Huel 2.2 is a lot gloopier than 2.1. Can anyone confirm this?

I ran out of v1.2 the other week. I had tried v2.0 before stocking up on v1.2 as I didn't like the texture and salt.

So, first try of v2.2 on the weekend, no amount of shaking could remove the lumps.

Tried the blender at work on Monday with 500ml, 3 scoops and half a scoop of chocolate powder. No lumps this time but it was very thick, between double and extra thick cream consistency.

Since then I've been using 700ml and it's not too bad. Feels like it's more effort to drink with the increase volume and thickness over v1.2 but I may get used to it.

Can't see myself using the shaker alone for mixing now, for me at least a blender is required as I can't stand the lumps.

Soldato
3 Nespresso shots with 50g of Huel and ice / water is still the GOAT - not much use if you use it as a full dietary replacement though as that amount of coffee would be extreme

Soldato
Hmm, I'm feeling gains already.. from all the shaking. Anyone using something more effective that their shaker bottle?

I blend mine, I can't see how just shaking it mixes it at all even though it says you can. I tried some frozen berries in the vanilla flavour this morning but found it way too sweet. I find two tea spoons of coffee though cuts through the sweetness well.

Underboss
Whole Fuel from MP is currently on offer, pre discounted to £35 from £47 for a 5KG bag.

I got it for £30 inc delivery using code "26OFF" at checkout.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
How does it compare?

I'm finding the little flavour tasters vile. I don't think they dissolve properly, the taste is artificial and powdery.

My guts need some easing in it seems. I'm getting wild noises from my gut, and my farts smell funny. Like I've been on a sprout diet for a couple of weeks.

Underboss
How does it compare?

I'm finding the little flavour tasters vile. I don't think they dissolve properly, the taste is artificial and powdery.

My guts need some easing in it seems. I'm getting wild noises from my gut, and my farts smell funny. Like I've been on a sprout diet for a couple of weeks.

I prefer it and my body seems to react better to it, with the HUEL with the suggested servings I still felt hungry and was keeping up my hydration. I find MP vanilla more of a malty flavour then I mix mine with a banana and some PB then blend it with 50/50 skimmed milk and water. 1 scoop for breakfast and 1 for lunch does me on my current macros and I find it keeps my full until my main meal before my cardio.

Soldato
After a week with this I'm pretty happy with having this for two meals a day Monday to Friday. Putting coffee in the vanilla is my favourite as it cut's through the sweetness well, I found putting fruit in vanilla was too sweet. I'm not sure how the unflavoured bag is going to go down. I think fruit will be good in this one.

Caporegime
I use unflavoured with Drink Me Spiced Chai Latte

400ml water + 2 scoops Huel + 3 heaped teaspoons of the Chai Latte, pretty yummy (if you like Chai Lattes) and my go-to snack in the afternoon.

I'm doing intermittent fasting, so only eat from noon-8pm, normal lunch at noon, above Huel at 4pm, then either a normal dinner or 3 scoop Huel at 7pm.
Roughly 1700 calories a day (I have a big lunch).

Only took a week to get past the mental barrier of 'no breakfast WTF?' and now it is easy.

Back
Top Bottom