Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
It's a good strategy for adherence when you're restricting your calories and they're pretty low; fewer bigger meals tends to keep you more sane, you only have to deal with no food in the morning for a few hours window tends to enforce snack avoidance pretty well. Just remember the weight loss all comes down to the calorie deficit rather than any magical properties of IF (I'm sure you're aware, just that people like Martin Berkhan who came up with that protocol can and did get a bit over the top with their claims).

Caporegime
Yeah I'm aware, and regardless of if it is placebo or not, I've found my snack craving pretty much vanish and the fabled 'clarity of mind' in the mornings is great.
I used to get the groggy crash around 11am when I used to have breakfast, regardless of the type of breakfast (high fat/protein fry-up, or porridge, or indeed even Huel) but don't now that I skip breakfast.

Associate
Can confirm 2.2 doesn't mix well at all. For those who use blenders, do you have any ideas for a quiet one? I've had two but can't have either here because they sound and vibrate like someone drilling masonry and my housemate would not appreciate being woken up by that!

Associate
I think 2.2 is fine, after it sits in the fridge overnight, i just add 3 or 4 teaspoons of water and give it a shake again and it's fine.

The ideal way to make it for me is vanilla, instant coffee and half a tea spoon of their toffee flavour - few ice cubes blended and drunk straight away. Been on it weekdays for breakfast and lunch now for 6 months and have no plan in stopping.

Soldato
A good start to my day, the top of the container my huel is in was cracked and somehow I didn't notice putting it on this morning. I usually put it in with my gym stuff and when getting it out this morning noticed it had leaked over my shorts, the best way to describe it is that it looks like I had a very bad stomach and couldn't make it to the toilet. :p

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Ordered some myprotein whole fuel the other day, yodel apparently delivered it to my neighbour. Checked the website, they delivered to an address of 5 years ago that i changed twice while ordering - once for delivery, then once when my bank account bounced payment due to the wrong billing address.

Seems they picked up on the old delivery address the second time, and are telling me to go whistle for my money. Raging is an understatement!

Soldato
Soooo... I need to lose weight and have put on 2 stone in the past 18 months or so since we had our first kid.

I'm looking to use this over the next couple of months to lose weight and guarantee my calorie intake along with some cardio on my lunch break at work (3-5 mile jogs 3 times per week). I'd be doing Huel as breakfast and dinner as work supply free lunches - this will be a prawn or chicken salad without dressing.

How are people finding it now its been around a while? Should I go the whole hog and ditch the free lunch for a shake too? I kinda feel weird not having meat in my diet...

Associate
I'm still on it after 7 months Mon-Friday brekkie and lunch. Complelty used to the flavour/texture and love that my calories for the day are quite low so that i don't feel too guilty about having a massive meal, especially after a workout in the evening.

Soldato
Soooo... I need to lose weight and have put on 2 stone in the past 18 months or so since we had our first kid.

I'm looking to use this over the next couple of months to lose weight and guarantee my calorie intake along with some cardio on my lunch break at work (3-5 mile jogs 3 times per week). I'd be doing Huel as breakfast and dinner as work supply free lunches - this will be a prawn or chicken salad without dressing.

How are people finding it now its been around a while? Should I go the whole hog and ditch the free lunch for a shake too? I kinda feel weird not having meat in my diet...

At the beginning of last year I had 3 scoops for breakfast after doing 10,000 steps on the treadmill, another 3 scoops around 3pm.

I had chicken/meat with veg for dinners and drank 2 pints of water throughout the day, some large cups of tea in there also.

My daily steps hit 15-22k depending on my mood.

Weight loss was steady. I had a cheat meal on a Saturday, kebab or pizza.

I went from 14.6 to 12.5.

Soldato
on my first day of huel today, mainly because i eat rubbish if i am allowed to and have gained a stone in the last year since my twins were born, still not exactly huge, 11.5 stone 5'6 but would like to eat a bit better at work and so on.

Just blended 3 scoops with as much water as i could fit in my little blender thing about 400/500 ml

actually very palatable, i like that oat taste and crunch it gives off. Feel full enough too.

See what lunch time brings I usually only eat at lunch and then tea.

Soldato
Can't have been, I've ordered it twice in the past 4 months. Ordered some on the 27th July.

In stock according to this.

Yeah its back in stock just checked. Its just that every time I checked its always out of stock and obviously i'm not there checking everyday so probably been in and out of stock inbetween checks.

Back
Top Bottom