Human Centipede 2 Rejected by BBFC

uv

uv

Soldato
I think he included it as Kermode mentioned it in regards to being a challenging piece of work.

Oh, of course - but I believe it's not really relevant to the thread subject in that it wasn't directed in an effort to disturb, one-up, cause controversy or even have any BBFC certification issues - it's just Lynch being Lynch :)

Associate
Oh, of course - but I believe it's not really relevant to the thread subject in that it wasn't directed in an effort to disturb, one-up, cause controversy or even have any BBFC certification issues - it's just Lynch being Lynch :)

He was trying to say that all the films Kermode mentioned were only scoring around the 7/10 mark and this somehow proved they were average.

uv

uv

Soldato
He was trying to say that all the films Kermode mentioned were only scoring around the 7/10 mark and this somehow proved they were average.

Ah, I get it :)

Although, 7/10 isn't average, 5/10 is. A score of 8/10 on IMDB puts a film in the top 250. Pi (Aranofsky) get's 7.6 - that's lower than Blue Velvet - and it's regarded as a classic. Same with The Italian job - 6.9 - and Close Encounters of the Third Kind with 7.8.

An IMDB score of 7 and above can't be used as a derogatory comment against a film, unless the point was to show that films like Blue Velvet are much better than films like The Human Centipede - in which case I apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick :)

uv

uv

Soldato
My point was that by and large the more disgusting the film the worse it scores.

Birdemic must be one sick and twisted film :p

I understand your point, but the scores are always going to be twisted for niche and/or fringe material. That's not to say I believe or expect that Grotesque should score higher, just that it's not a film for the mainstream - yet it's being scored by the mainstream on IMDB. If a site similar to IMDB catering more for the audience of these niche films existed, I suspect the scores would appear to show the opposite :)

Soldato
these films are challenging and not for everybody
I'm a great fan of what is often referred to as 'extreme' horror - but have to say that the only challenging thing about the Human Centipede was the challenge of making it to the end without either laughing yourself to death, or losing the will to live!

That film was just awful...

Associate
I'm a great fan of what is often referred to as 'extreme' horror - but have to say that the only challenging thing about the Human Centipede was the challenge of making it to the end without either laughing yourself to death, or losing the will to live!

That film was just awful...

If you read the thread I essentially said the same thing, but to say it's not challenging is not true. Not everyone has much experience with horror films and some would certainly find it challenging to watch, critics and the public alike.

But yeah, human centipede is just trash

Caporegime
Ignoring the scientifically unsupported psycho theories coming from ocuk's self made psychiatrists....

I am completely against censorship of fictional material, no one has authority to dictate personal taste or morals to others.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ignoring the scientifically unsupported psycho theories coming from ocuk's self made psychiatrists....

I am completely against censorship of fictional material, no one has authority to dictate personal taste or morals into others.

And yet we have the BBFC, appointed by the government, appointed by the people of Great Britain...

Associate
human centipede was crap, so dont care about this.

serbian film was so over the top it was funny

martyrs was extremely disturbing but a good story and acting, worth watching.

Permabanned
I find it rather interesting that EVERYONE here who are judging these films and the people who watch them HAVEN'T seen ANY of the films they are talking about, it's kinda hilarious to see those "adults" following the opinions of other nerds like it was facts.

I mean who in the hell are you to tell me what's wrong and what's not? And especially what's normal and abnormal? I enjoyed "A SERBIAN FILM" a lot, because it moved me, it shocked me,it plays with your emotions, it's a movie you don't forget, unlike all the crap made in holywood everyday.

As for the censorship by the Nazis over at BBFC, I think that everyone who agrees with that decision about "Human Centipede 2" are politically correct offended idiots. Worst of all, not a single person have seen the movie yet but you're all talking like you did!

Some pretentious ***** over the internet trying to tell me what's wrong and what I should be watching? GOD DAMN NAZIS.

That dude Skyline deserves a bullet in the back of the neck, what you consider abnormal is normal to some, and I don't think anyone was watching "A SERBIAN FILM" with a smile on their faces? Oh, the purpose is to shock yes, generate emotions, like any movies out there, some wants to make you cry, scare you, make you laugh, etc...
live and let live FFS.

Mark Kermode said SERBIAN FILM was GORY, that the "message" was lost in the gore? How funny considering there's almost no gore in the movie, it's way more disturbing than gory, that guy sounds like one pretentious moro, like most people who replied in this thread.

I find it rather interesting that EVERYONE here who are judging these films and the people who watch them HAVEN'T seen ANY of the films they are talking about, it's kinda hilarious to see those "adults" following the opinions of other nerds like it was facts.

I mean who in the hell are you to tell me what's wrong and what's not? And especially what's normal and abnormal? I enjoyed "A SERBIAN FILM" a lot, because it moved me, it shocked me,it plays with your emotions, it's a movie you don't forget, unlike all the crap made in holywood everyday.

As for the censorship by the Nazis over at BBFC, I think that everyone who agrees with that decision about "Human Centipede 2" are politically correct offended idiots. Worst of all, not a single person have seen the movie yet but you're all talking like you did!

Some pretentious ***** over the internet trying to tell me what's wrong and what I should be watching? GOD DAMN NAZIS.

That dude Skyline deserves a bullet in the back of the neck, what you consider abnormal is normal to some, and I don't think anyone was watching "A SERBIAN FILM" with a smile on their faces? Oh, the purpose is to shock yes, generate emotions, like any movies out there, some wants to make you cry, scare you, make you laugh, etc...
live and let live FFS.

Mark Kermode said SERBIAN FILM was GORY, that the "message" was lost in the gore? How funny considering there's almost no gore in the movie, it's way more disturbing than gory, that guy sounds like one pretentious moro, like most people who replied in this thread.

Welcome to the forums. Please take that however you see fit.

Soldato
The first one was hilariously fun to watch because of how ridiculous it was.

Someone above mentioned Serbian film and lumped it in the same category. I, however, found Serbian film 100% distasteful and sick and a far cry from the sillyness of Human Centipede. If you enjoyed serbian film, meaning you felt it gave you some degree of entertainment, there's something wrong with you. For someone else to say they got no enjoyment from it but appreciated it as a piece of art, there's nothing about it that can be considered art - seeing how far you can push something isn't artistic, it's just pushing for the sake of pushing in A Serbian Films case.

Last edited:
Permabanned
If you enjoyed serbian film, meaning you felt it gave you some degree of entertainment, there's something wrong with you. For someone else to say they got no enjoyment from it but appreciated it as a piece of art, there's nothing about it that can be considered art - seeing how far you can push something isn't artistic, it's just pushing for the sake of pushing in A Serbian Films case.

Prime exemple of stupidity. Art is in the lightenings, the camera, the actors, the gore FX, the tension, hell, again there's no real definition of art. You were shocked by A Serbian Film? Well, it's art then, it did what it was supposed to do. I enjoy "A Serbian Film", simply because it delivered for once, usually hype movies are deceiving, also, it's a movie I remember, I cannot say the same about the last 60 movies I watched.

There's something wrong with people who are trying to tell others what's wrong, is this kind of attitude common in Europe? You'll get trash here in North America, hell the attitude of the BBFC could very well be a transgression of the first amendement.

Thanks to those who said hi or whatever and to hello to those against censorship and who actually have seen the films they are taking about, but I doubt I'll stay here very long, the attitude of politicaly correct pigs like Skyline was too much and I had to signed up to vent.

Back
Top Bottom