Hunt: Showdown (Crytek)

Associate
Anyone still playing this? Keen to have a few people to play with more regularly!! Updates have been good, the game just keeps getting better!

Associate
I bought it after a few games on it last night. For £20 its worth a punt. Definitely enjoyed the games we played, though we only survived once lol.

Soldato
Played quite a few games over the free weekend, atmospherically its lovely graphics and audio are on point. Gameplay wise it could do with a few more loops to keep things fresh, looking ahead it seems they are bringing in crafting new game modes new maps and some other bits and bobs which look interesting. For me I will probably look at purchasing in a couple of months or on release or else I will burn out on the early access but very excited to see how this game progress's.

Associate
I was worried that my current gpu wouldn't be up to the job so the free weekend was a good test. It runs suprisingly well so bought it at the reduced price. Yes it needs some extra depth for the long term which the roadmap suggests is incoming. Loving the atmosphere and when everything just clicks is a unique experience.

Associate
Glad you had fun! Be wary, once you hit Bloodline rank 21, you move into the higher matchmaking tier where you can be against players of any level above 21 all the way up to prestige 41 or whatever the highest guy is nowadays.
Below 21, you should only be makes against over players below 21.

It gets a bit sweatier after that, but you also start to get access to better gear.

Associate
Version 3.0 released with a new map, this game really deserves more attention... it's probably got the best atmosphere of any multiplayer game I've played and the devs are pretty on point with their updates and really listen to the community.

Soldato
I really enjoy it, got a mate I double up with, like you say the atmosphere is epic beyound anything I've played, great graphics and the gameplay is quite good. They need to sort out some random I shoot you 3 times and you kill me with one shot with the same gun problem but it doesnt happen oftern probably server side. I want to see this get full release.

Associate
i bought the game whilst in the sale. I really enjoy playing it ..when im not getting disconected. Ive played afew times recently with a friend but for some reason i keep getting disconected from the servers. I can play any other of my online game fine but this is a pain..
Ive looked on varius forums for help but it appears to be a random and fairly common problem. Some peolpe are saying it started after the latest patch but i did not play it before that.

Soldato
I stopped playing this last year due to moving house and selling my PC, I was addicted to it and is one of the best games I've played in terms of anxiety, frustration and reward not to mention how amazing it looks and sounds

I've bought a new PC recently and put off installing this until last night for fear of becoming addicted to it and wanting to play some other games, my PC is a better spec than my old one plus there have been updates but it it does run so much better, I can run everything on high with SMAA at 1440p and get 60FPS , it looks like there is a new map which is great and a new monster on the way, I played for a couple of hours and loved it, cant wait to play it tonight

Anyone else still playing, there was a few on here about a year ago? One thing I did notice was getting a decent companion was very difficult

Associate
It's a very good game and is in a pretty polished state now. No other game come close to it in terms of atmosphere, the sound is second to none which is great because it's probably the most important thing to pay attention to when playing.

It's also feels like the player count has increased dramatically over the past month, the matchmaking is very quick now.

How much content is there for it now, like in terms of maps and bosses?

2 maps (The newest map is outstanding and very detailed), 3 bosses.

It's all about the PVP though really, the bosses are just a way of funnelling everyone into the same area of the map.

Back
Top Bottom