Hurricane Helene / Milton

Just watching some storm chasers on YouTube for Helene,

I would not want to be driving near the powerlines at video time 12mins

Crazy

Last edited:
8JwSpSB.png

Idiots on one of the live cams at Key West, like why would do this while holding your phone, do they not understand what the sea water will do to their phones lol

I went to that exact spot when I was in the Keys, it's the most southernly spot in the United States. I was watching that earlier and thought how some people are just daft.

It's business as usual at the Disney Resorts.
Except it isn't.

They've closed several of the resorts and moved the people to the larger hotels. The parks are closed and it's currently looking like they will be closed for much of tomorrow as well. The hotels are designed to withstand at a minimum, cat 3 hurricanes with no preparation, have their own power plant and underground power cables so they are far less likely to lose power, so they're pretty safe places to stay. They tend to get Florida locals going there as well, it's better than a house made from spit and cardboard. (Someone really needs to show them the three little pigs...)

They'll be supplying food and drinks and entertainment for people staying there but they were not taking any reservations for today or the next couple of days iirc, in order to have space for people whose flights out were cancelled or moved from other resorts.

Its nuts, I get the feeling they would open the next day even if guests had to step over debris in the street to get in
They have people who volunteer to stay on site and are called ride out teams (yes, they get paid extra for this). They help with looking after the guests and are among the first on the park site to start the clear up and they have a hell of a maintenance crew.

Depending on the strength when it hits Disney World, I could see it opening tomorrow afternoon if there's nothing too bad. Possibly not all the parks, maybe just Magic Kingdom at first.

Last edited:
8JwSpSB.png

Idiots on one of the live cams at Key West, like why would do this while holding your phone, do they not understand what the sea water will do to their phones lol
Just been watching that one and there was more people than that there, it's getting very wet and windy and two idiots pulled out a Tump Vance 2024 banner for photos.

My brother is on holiday out there, has moved out of Tampa and don to Ft Lauderdale, says everything open there but "slightly breezy" :p

Back
Top Bottom