Hurricane Helene / Milton

This has turned out to be nothing like what I’ve got this morning apparently…

rmYCMTn.png

YrGQCMG.jpeg

Will Hurricane Milton affect the UK?
Milton is expected to weaken to a tropical storm once over the open waters of the Atlantic and transition into an extratropical storm after it passes to the south of Bermuda. Beyond this, the remnant is likely to either be absorbed into a frontal zone or dissipate in situ in the subtropical Atlantic.

If the remnants of Milton end up in the Atlantic as a weakening feature, it could cause some forecast uncertainty next week.

Hurrricane Milton facts

• Strongest Atlantic hurricane by pressure since Wilma in 2005.
  • Fifth strongest in the Atlantic on record by pressure.
  • Strongest Atlantic hurricane by wind since Dorian in 2019.
  • Joint sixth strongest in the Atlantic on record by wind.
  • Globally, the strongest tropical cyclone by pressure since Surigae in 2021 and the strongest by wind since Mawar in 2023.

Why would it affect the uk? Lol

Why would it affect the uk? Lol
Even though it broke up over Florida, it regains its shape once back on water. It still moves along but at a reduced category. As is travels it grabs other weather along its path as its gets closer to europe, it just becomes a big storm, sometimes a hurricane. This is my understanding from what I have learnt and read about, in its simplest terms anyway.

Even though it broke up over Florida, it regains its shape once back on water. It still moves along but at a reduced category. As is travels it grabs other weather along its path as its gets closer to europe, it just becomes a big storm, sometimes a hurricane. This is my understanding from what I have learnt and read about, in its simplest terms anyway.

Guaranteed to hit UK if Michael Fish-nado says it won't :D (37 year old reference there!)

Last edited:
That's Kirk which was been around for a while.. main go the storm hits France (that is what they were predicting).

Last edited:
Just noticed the same here - someone at the BBC must have been desperate for news LOL:

ZIVfnKp.png

Remember speed of sound is only 760mph. Somehow the hurricane has speeded up before the winds hit us.

and they say its not been engineered ? :)

Sad world we live in when people post such BS on social media. "Faces being seen in the hurricane from space are proof microwaves are being used to create the hurricane"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom