Hyundai W241D-PVA

When in standby its like the screen is off, apart from the little red led. The screen turns on and off automatically when the pc turns on and off so no need to press buttons after the initial setup!

In case you dont want standby there is an off switch behind the monitor but thats a pain to reach.
oh really so i can't acutally turn if off? kind of a sucker but oh well if the light is dim then no problem like my tv atm has a dim red light barely noticable and defiently doesn't light the room at all unlike some blue leds i have seen.

but then saying that does that mean then if the mintor is on, and switched off at the wall and back on again at the wall, it will still be on? :)

i've had the lg and sent it back due to very-very bad overdrive ghosting issues, if the overdrive could have been turned off i guess it would have improved it, my samsung 226bw had similar issues but was an 100% improvement and you could turn the overdrive off if it caused a problem.

defo the 240hd pva is the best of the lcd screens that i have tried....
Avatar12m, do you really doesn't see any trail / colour ghosting when moving with moderate speed this image around: http://www.prad.de/images/monitore/dell2407wfphc_spiele1.jpg ? Could you try this test with 'Contrast' at 78 and 'Brightness' at 90 ? I see severe ghosting, could I have a defect W241D unit ? Thank you for help.

Regards

ok i set my brightness/contrast up and at a nice smooth rate dragged left/right up/down theres no colour ghosting only a very small amount of white ghosting when drageed right to left along the grey edge but, you have to be looking damn hard to see it, i tested mine in half life lost coast which is a free download and there no ghosthing whatsoever similary in team fortress which mt lg had major ghosting , spinning the mouse at slow/med/high rates no ghosting or colour bleed.

my firmware version accessed through the menu button say AV3.5 box say made in germany with PVA on the serial number sticker manufactured NOV 2007.

i'm connected through DVI using a double data rate cable (not the one in the box)

if i can be of any further help don't hesitate to ask

spinning the mouse at slow/med/high rates no ghosting or colour bleed.

my firmware version accessed through the menu button say AV3.5 box say made in germany with PVA on the serial number sticker manufactured NOV 2007.

Thank you for your reply. I'm a bit worried now if you don't see it as hard :( I'm checking this ghosting from time to time and I've noticed that when the monitor is cold (just right after turning it) the ghosting (well actually inverse ghosting) is almost not existent, but after 1-2 hours it is clearly visible :(

Mine is from October 2007, firmware version is "W240D AV3.50" - a bit strange, because it's W241D PVA.

Thank you

oh really so i can't acutally turn if off? kind of a sucker but oh well if the light is dim then no problem like my tv atm has a dim red light barely noticable and defiently doesn't light the room at all unlike some blue leds i have seen.

I got the monitor today - got to say I absolutely love it. In response to your query about switching it off - there is a switch on the back which is the main power switch. In standby, the LED is red and when on, the LED is blue. You can switch the monitor off from the front however as if you press the power button, it switches off completely i.e. no LED's. So it works like any other monitor... :)

Just for record, no dead pixels on mine, small amount of backlight bleed but that is to be expected and mine is very minor. This monitor rocks - it has all the connectors you could want too - component, HDMI, DVI and VGA. This is a stonking monitor! :D :D :D

I got the monitor today - got to say I absolutely love it. In response to your query about switching it off - there is a switch on the back which is the main power switch. In standby, the LED is red and when on, the LED is blue. You can switch the monitor off from the front however as if you press the power button, it switches off completely i.e. no LED's. So it works like any other monitor... :)

Just for record, no dead pixels on mine, small amount of backlight bleed but that is to be expected and mine is very minor. This monitor rocks - it has all the connectors you could want too - component, HDMI, DVI and VGA. This is a stonking monitor! :D :D :D

thanks for that, i got mine today which although its going back due to ocuk sending me a second hand one, it's really a fantastic monitor, love the image, size, connections, base :). my second screen which now looks tiny is a 20.1 viewsonic and doesn't have a moving base and i never realised how annoying it is not to have one, love how you just push with one finger and it moves up

I installed the driver anyway - it adds a Hyundai driver to the Windows colour schemes. Other than that, I haven't noticed any difference really but ho-hum.... I guess it's up to you.

Didn't the samsung BW range have a problem like that in some cases? I think that baddass explained that it was to do with the overdrive being too keen, and turning overdrive off solved the problem.

Edit: P.S The guy in the youtube video writes that it had a samsung panel in it, coincidence?

I tell you one thing i have noticed,

The Hyundai im using now is the 240D PVA version without USB, and when you scroll up and down the hardocp forums it doesnt leave any trailing

But i do remember the 241D version that ive got, which is in for repair at Hyundai for backlight bleed and Buzzing did show some trailing on the Hardocp forums

When i get it back i will see if it still does it,

Back
Top Bottom