i am fat

Associate
As already stated. First port of call is your diet. I wont tell you what you should be eating.
Hit the gym. Again, as mentioned. Don't be put off by the hardcore gym goers already there. They will respect you more and think more highly if you put serious effort in and stick with it. You'll meet new people and make new friends. On top of that. You'll feel like you've achieved something after a good workout.

Once you'e sorted your diet you'll always want to eat healthy. Take a proper lunch to work with you. I have Chicken and Brown Rice for lunch

You'll need to do resistance training (Weights) as well. Naturally start light to begin with, whatever your comfortable with. Ignore everyone else in the gym. Put headphones on and get on with your workout. It'll probably kill your ego to begin with but stick with it. It'll do you the world of good. Physically and Mentally.

Soldato
huntknifefallknivenf1.jpg

Soldato
I never understand why people state their weight but leave out their height and build. Someone weighing 75KG, for example, could be overweight, underweight or ideal weight depending on their height or build.

Soldato
Dont forget people, weight doesnt tell the full story. You could be 20st of lean muscle built or 20st marshmallow man from ghostbusters.

Either way I would say that diet is 80% of the fight to losing weight. If you are not eating the right stuff any excercise you do is going to take a long long time and have minimal effect. Avoid white breads, dont drink milk its very fattening, and avoid fry ups and greasy things.

Caporegime
OP: Read up in the Sports Arena of OcUK, it's a much better place to discuss this than General Discussion.

I'd disagree. There are a lot of people who know there stuff on nutrition that do not post in SA. Having 2 threads open, across both forums wouldn't be a bad idea, but to limit the amount of people that could help in terms of nutrition would be mad.

Also, someone recommended weight watchers. Imo people are better off doing slimming world, the diet looks much more manageable.

Soldato
You need to get on a diet and exercise more to loose your weight. It probably is going to be very hard at first but soon you'll get used to it.

Join either a gym or a swimming pool.

Soldato
I'd disagree. There are a lot of people who know there stuff on nutrition that do not post in SA. Having 2 threads open, across both forums wouldn't be a bad idea, but to limit the amount of people that could help in terms of nutrition would be mad.

Also, someone recommended weight watchers. Imo people are better off doing slimming world, the diet looks much more manageable.

When did you last look at weight watchers? Its been completely revamped in the last year - you can eat anything you want really so its extremely easy to stick with.

Associate
Think about being 6 stone lighter in one year. You will need a lot of motivation, and i would focus 80% on your nutition programme an 20% on becoming more active. You don't need to join a gym.

Soldato
what is the ideal Weight for a 182cm tall weighing in at a staggering 134.4 kg male age 32 .about to start going down the gym needs some tips . cheers

Hey haveaniceday,

Firstly, do you do any exercise at the moment or none at all?

Always look at things first... like could you walk or cycle to work?

I don't know what your current diet is, but try get into a routine of cutting out the rubbish and putting more greens through your body. 8-10 Large glasses of water a day is great.

Try eat porridge or grapefruit for breakfast, followed by some kind of fruit around the 10/11am mark, then go for a light lunch like a sarnie or some kind of pasta. You don't have to completely cut the rubbish so anyone who tells you to do so can just be quiet. One chocolate bar or a packet of crisps in the afternoon will not hurt you, just make sure it's no more than one. Also if you drink tea or coffee, try an eliminate the sugar if you have any in it. Come dinner time again try eat healthy and stay away from fatty foods. Brown rice with chicken, vegetables and a sauce is quick and tasty.

Again, if you could post a little more information on how much you want to achieve then it would be more helpful.

If you don't exercise at the moment, you may find just by doing so 3/4 times a week and cutting out a few things will start shedding weight over time.

Like others have said previously, don't worry about anyone else in the gym, 99% of them will help you out if you get stuck so don't get intimidated, just stick to a pace you like. Would also say it is worth getting an induction and a plan put together by a trainer if you have absolutely no idea what you are doing.

Stay positive, keep smiling and look forward to that slimmer you, just remember it takes time and not an overnight change.

Best of luck.

Caporegime
Dont forget people, weight doesnt tell the full story. You could be 20st of lean muscle built or 20st marshmallow man from ghostbusters.

Either way I would say that diet is 80% of the fight to losing weight. If you are not eating the right stuff any excercise you do is going to take a long long time and have minimal effect. Avoid white breads, dont drink milk its very fattening, and avoid fry ups and greasy things.

Yes... However unless you do a lot of manual labour or spend a lot of time with weights (aka less than 10% of the population) then you're much more likely to be a 20st marshmallow...

Except this forum, where everyone appears to be stacked, not fat, even if they sit on their **** all day...

Permabanned
I'm 182cm and weight 12st 12lbs, but I am carrying very low fat levels.

Wow, what an offensive turd you are. The OP has stated that he wishes to change, so give him a chance.

Not for that matter it fundementally matters what he weighs.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
To the OP - I'm just a little bit taller than you and weigh 80kg so I would aim to get to that or below as a healthy weight.

Soldato
i could do with losing a few stone, iv started eating a lot of whole grain rice, ive always drank a lot of water though so hopefully with some basic cardio i should see some results.

I lose weight eating hamburgers. Good quality steak burgers mind, not cheap fatty ones.

I then put weight on drinking beer :(

I'm not sure stuffing on carbs is the best way though, carbs = sugar?

Back
Top Bottom