I have 1GB of DDR1 RAM is it possible to gain access to Crysis ultra high settings?

Oh man, i said it will be around 30 fps, originally i said 50 fps but then i said around 30 fps was more realistic. You guys just don't read all the posts, you just jump to the last post.

And no when i say it's a budget PC, it is a Budget PC, it was not a budget when i bought it but i am saying because of now a year and half has gone buy it becomes a budget PC for others to buy so they can run crysis because of it's affordability.

No one would buy that PC you have for £500!

2.8GHz Dual Core 800MHz FSB, 2 x 1MB Cache - £40
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition + Service pack 2 - £50
1024MB DDR2 RAM - £20
250GB Hard Disk Drive/ 2 Partitions - £20-£30
Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD RW Drive - £5
512MB Nvidia 8800 GT - £140
6-in-1 Media Card Reader £5
4 USB 2.0 Connections - £5
20.1" LG 203WT 1600x1050 Flat Panel Monitor £110-£130

That comes to £425...

Last edited:
Wind up merchant I think.

"I got the resolution wrong."
"I got the ram type wrong."
"I got the FPS wrong."
"I'm stalling to provide benchies cos I know they'll be poop"
"I'm confused about how much it was." (it may have been good value for money, but VFM never is top end).

The weekend can't come soon enough.

I too feel sorry for dvdbunny, but **** me mate, the hole you're digging is getting rather large.

But at the same time, I've never seen so much testosterone attached to a computer game in my life. Crysis is the new beer.

I'm erring between a vote of 1 star for the many technical inaccuracies listed by the OP, to 5 stars out of (a) sympathy for the OP and (b) comedic value of the whole thread :D

A couple of helpful hints for the OP, if you will permit me:-

1. Posting that you can get 60fps on a cut price rig to people who spend thousands on computer hardware on a regular basis is going to get people's back up. Particularly when you're wrong.

2. If you want to make a claim, have some evidence beforehand. Screenshots, benchmarks and more benchmarks are the order of the day.

Oh, in case no one said, welcome to the forums ;)

I

It does not take me 45 second to exit out of a game, it's just a few seconds but once i am back on the desktop it's around 45 seconds of slow down until the CPU light stops flickering and then i can boot up another game. It seems like 45 seconds i haven't actually timed it yet, it's probably around a lot less.
[/COLOR]

What cpu light, there is no such thing, it's called an HDD led, it indicates your hdd is working.
I doubt it's a lot less with 1 GB ram, I've had 1gb and shutting down games is terrible...

If your hdd works then it's def ram shortage, as it loads back windows stuff, wich would normally stay in ram if you have enough.

This thread is hilarious. I got stuttering on BF2 with 1GB RAM. I would hate to see Crysis using the same ammount. :p

Can't wait to see some bench screenshots.

This thread is hilarious. I got stuttering on BF2 with 1GB RAM. I would hate to see Crysis using the same ammount. :p

Can't wait to see some bench screenshots.

Same BF2 was like that on mine and so was a lot of other games, but at the time I never realised my 1GB of ram was such an issue as it was, infact I rekon if I added an extra 1GB of ram to my 3700+ @2.8Ghz single core and 8800GTS 640mb rig the performance may not have being much different compared to my C2D rig with 2GB ram and E6600 apart from more games that use the CPU a lot more like UT3 and crysis but then again Crysis is GPU limited, at low res its CPU limited by the looks of it buy at 1680x1050 all high my CPU is only around 70% usage, sometimes its not even that!

screen shots of a menu with everything turned up then a screen shot of the game dosen't mean hes runnign those settings nor does it mean if he was taht it wouldn't be choppy.

hes really lame.

i must admit being the person i am and ex-army i normally have zero compassion but i do slightly feel sorry for him now, he may have got confused with the results and settings but i'm sure he will post the results soon.

i'm sorry dvdbunny but this has made me laugh but i admit i do have a sick sense of humour ;)

Back
Top Bottom