I have 1GB of DDR1 RAM is it possible to gain access to Crysis ultra high settings?

I want to save people from spending loads of money.

I notice you changed your claim to 1280x720, high settings, forced AA (afaik it doesn't work) and 25-30 fps which is much more believable than your original claims.

But still, how did you find out you listed the wrong settings when you apparently didn't have access to your gaming PC?

If I had the time I'd do a search of his posts for other threads like this one. I'm sure it was Bioshock or some other game like it that he was trolling about.

LOL, LOL, LOL, having just spent 1/2 and hour or so reading all this thread, i must say i hav'nt enjoyed myself so much in ages :D. The rig in my sig is no slouch, but i just have to keep shaking my head wondering what planet (if any) dvdbunny is living on :)

It might run on 1 gb, renember ram doesn't really kill FPS, it only causes a lot of stutter due to forcing out the windows processes from the ram onto the HDD, and partly offcourse using *** HDD as ram, wich may cause problems when turning around etc.

I've been there with 1 GB, in terms of FPS its the same almost, the difference is the stutter etc.
Closing down a game takes ages too as it has to load back everything from the hdd ''virtual ram''.

Stutter was untolerable on big maps in BF2 at start though, often died by flying against something, coz game froze for a sec or 2 due to ram shortage.

I can believe Crysis ''may'' run okay at proper FPS, the stutter is untolerable I imagine though.

nice screen shots, but i am telling you right now, my setup the picture quality looks nearly like real life, i am not kidding. I think Crytek have lied about how much power you really need to have for this game especially to make people go and buy new systems. more money on systems means more expanding and more money for the computer industry, Intel, nvidia, amd and other companies cash in and more research continues.

:confused: wtf lol :D

*increases post count like dvdbunny has been doing for 7 pages (and counting)* :rolleyes:

Another vote for proof here, although I can't remember which claim they are trying to prove now.

Hi snowdog

I can tell you this, when i run crysis with my 1GB DDR2 RAM it does not stutter during play, only for a second or two like i said previously when you go up a big hill to look down on the other side because of everything it has to draw in. Also when i leave crysis to return back to the desktop, there is only a slight slow down, after about 45 seconds i am ready to load up COD4.

Hi snowdog

only a slight slow down, after about 45 seconds i am ready to load up COD4.

Yeah, well, most of us can in 5-15 seconds.
I'd be very annoyed to wait almost a minute for a game to shut down.

I'd like a screenie too, crysis even stutters for me in xp @ start of the first benchy loop (first 5 seconds or so), and I have 2 gb ( well 4, but xp only reads 2...), and it's only silky smooth from the 2nd loop...
If possible, post a pic of your list of processes...
Please ? :D:p;).

Back
Top Bottom