I have 1GB of DDR1 RAM is it possible to gain access to Crysis ultra high settings?

On 1280x1024 all high no AA its not bad, most people get in between 40 and 50fps.

Hi there, i get 29fps average with those settings (running 3 times on the benchmark test) Where do you think performance wise this is being caused with my components (listed in Sig) as i've got quite a similar setup to you only less ram and cpu cache (even the the same m/board :p)

Is your PC overclocked?

Try pushing your CPU higher, overclocking the GT to the max and using XP, you'll notice in Crysis benchmark most people are using XP and generally its around 3-5fps faster in Crysis compared to Vista from what I see :).

I'll just do a run at 1280x1024 all high NO AA and see what its like in Vista DX9 64bit.

DVD bunny please listern. There are many people here who build lots of pcs, advice lots of people on building pc's and have a lot of experiance with these things. Almost everyone here has played crysis and we all know it totaly kills even the high end pcs. Just accept what your saying is not beleiverable.

YOu may think your right and if this is the case then you are simply missguided as it is IMPOSSIBLE regardless as to what you think you are seeing. Accepting you are wrong may gain back some credibility before you become slated for ever lol.

Its your choise, the fail boat is ready to be boarded :p

On 1280x1024 all high no AA its not bad, most people get in between 40 and 50fps.

on the demo ive played i wouldn't have said i was in the 40s-50s unless patchs have improved it now somewhat and i know it only gets worse later on in the snow.

Last edited:
Is your PC overclocked?

Try pushing your CPU higher, overclocking the GT to the max and using XP, you'll notice in Crysis benchmark most people are using XP and generally its around 3-5fps faster in Crysis compared to Vista from what I see :).

I'll just do a run at 1280x1024 all high NO AA and see what its like in Vista DX9 64bit.

I don't think the CPU will go much further its already at a 100% over clock! Haven't clocked the graphics at all. May Give this a go. Cheers

And guys no i am not proving that my rig is crap, my rig is excellent i am able to play this game perfectly well, and i recommended anyone to get my system and play it and you will see, i will make a video on this.

Video camera showing you putting your settings on/options or whatever and playing the game.

Words truly fail me.

And guys no i am not proving that my rig is crap, my rig is excellent i am able to play this game perfectly well, and i recommended anyone to get my system and play it and you will see, i will make a video on this.
I am not sure anyone has said your rig is carp, it is just not capable of running Crysis at the resolution you say and performing with the FPS you stated were getting.

I would also suggest that if anyone want to play Crysis that you do not base a PC on your specification as you would only be disappointed.

And i can see from the way this thread has turned out, you guys just sit here and chat rubbish all day long, you try to prove that your systems is better than others and really you spend so much money on your rigs which i find absolutely pointless.

With the greatest respect it is you that has spouted the most rubbish in the is thread, you were just setting yourself up for the reaction you got with your very first post. On top of this you constantly moved the goalposts so to speak.

As for the amount of money that people spend on their rigs, well that is up to them, just as it is your choice to spend as much as little as you like.

Make a new account under a new name and never troll again or forever laughed at and never believed again on these forums :D

(still was a funny read though ;))

I think the problem here is that you are trying to explain to 100's of enthusiast users on here who do actualy know what they are talking about, that you with a machine lower than the minimum specs are running a game that even by the developers has said at the moment not to be possible to run at very high settings on any rig except a tri-sli 8800 ultra system!

The fact that the people on here can diagnose and fix a computer problem without seeing the computer within a few posts, generaly means your unbacked up agrument is about as effective as trying to sail a elephant across the atlantic in a dinghy without a sail :D or wind for that matter.

next you will be trying to explain that you can create a P3 pc with 512mb of ram that can out process a cray xt5 super computer :P

edit:

that last post tries to dig yourself out of the whole but i am still not convinced lol

Last edited:
dvdBunnny, you have been weighed, you have been measured, and you most definately hsve been found wanting!

When you've upgraded your memory, and have run the benchmarks again, I strongly doubt you will see a massive improvement without upgrading the CPU to one that the game was designed to be run on. Yes it will run on the penty D, but stick a core2 processor in there and the gameplay will improve to a better extent.

dvdBunnny, you have been weighed, you have been measured, and you most definately hsve been found wanting!

When you've upgraded your memory, and have run the benchmarks again, I strongly doubt you will see a massive improvement without upgrading the CPU to one that the game was designed to be run on. Yes it will run on the penty D, but stick a core2 processor in there and the gameplay will improve to a better extent.

Thanks, but no thanks i am loving how the game is right now, it works perfectly in high settings, with AF and FSAA and i am having a real blast playing. I will show you soon with a video and your going to go omg i can't believe i was so wrong. Mark my words and mark them well!!!

:rolleyes: Yes, of course you will.

Two pigs have just flown past our front window, drinking gin and tonics.....................................................................................oh hang on, there being chased by a bloke sitting on a riendeer. :p

Thanks, but no thanks i am loving how the game is right now, it works perfectly in high settings, with AF and FSAA and i am having a real blast playing. I will show you soon with a video and your going to go omg i can't believe i was so wrong. Mark my words and mark them well!!!

Hurry up with the video...
:)

:rolleyes: Yes, of course you will.

Two pigs have just flown past our front window, drinking gin and tonics.....................................................................................oh hang on, there being chased by a bloke sitting on a riendeer. :p

that is even better than my elephant sailing across the Atlantic story :D

more belivable than the chance of dvdbunny providing us with an original or unedited video :P

Back
Top Bottom