I have 1GB of DDR1 RAM is it possible to gain access to Crysis ultra high settings?

Associate
Thanks, but no thanks i am loving how the game is right now, it works ok in high settings, and i am having a real blast playing. I will show you soon with a video at 15fps and i'm going to go omg i can't believe i was so wrong. Mark my words and mark them well!!!
Fixed :o

He's actually convinced himself that it's perfect - hell he could be the next pm if a few of us were to actually believe him. :p

Oh and whilst on about factual stuff i hear petrol's going to be 50p a gallon from midday tomorrow!

Soldato
Hi there, i get 29fps average with those settings (running 3 times on the benchmark test) Where do you think performance wise this is being caused with my components (listed in Sig) as i've got quite a similar setup to you only less ram and cpu cache (even the the same m/board :p)

my maximum FPS i remember was 41 on the system in my sig, how the hell do you get 40 - 50?! and DVDbunny just stop talking **** and save yourself while you still can :)

Caporegime
quick question while where on this, haven't got crysis yet but going to soon, but would it look better on a 24" monitor on the full 1920x1200 without aa and af ( as i don't think it would be playable with them at that res :p) or on a lower non native ress with aa or af?

spec is q6600 @2.4 ghz (not bothering with ocing it till after i get the chance to backup my uni work)

4gb ddr2 ram (but only on vist 32 bit so dunno how much is readable.

And an 8800 ultra.

Soldato
Thanks, but no thanks i am loving how the game is right now, it works perfectly in high settings, with AF and FSAA and i am having a real blast playing. I will show you soon with a video and your going to go omg i can't believe i was so wrong. Mark my words and mark them well!!!

No it does not and you know it and untill you can prove it dont even bother posting it because compared to everyone elses results I can smell the BS from here.

Soldato
No it does not and you know it and untill you can prove it dont even bother posting it because compared to everyone elses results I can smell the BS from here.

hes cracking me up, he doesn't have a chance in hell if people with 8800GT/GTS/GTX aren't even getting those framerates, me included and AA absolutely SLAUGHTERS performance so much its hilarious, never seen a game take so much of a hit as crysis, so officially for the record DVDbunny is either A) on crack or acid/or both B) talking so much **** its actually criminal or C) hes a delusional crazy person who actually believes what he is saying is true :)

Soldato
Not forgetting that vid is only 25-30 fps anyway, and you can do some real clever stuff with vids to fill in frames to make it 'look' like it is smooth.

If you enjoy it great, but your talking so much crap saying it actually plays well with aa and af. dvdbunny> Just stop posting in this thread, please.

EDIT: I would also add that what you say now is different to your thread title. 1gb ddr on ultra high is your 'question'. What you say now is that you want people to know they can play crysis on an an old p4 system with 1gb of ram on high settings at low resolution WITH AA and AF turned on. I'm sorry, but you need a reality check.

I would not recommend that spec to ANYONE wanting to play the game as the playing WILL BE awful. Maybe if you had 2gb it might be more in your favour however.

Matthew

Last edited:
Soldato
We should start getting some Photoed picture with DVDbunny quotes in them. He has taken the fail boat and has now sunk. You now have a big black mark on your name which means no one on here will ever take you seriously.

Go find another forum if i was you, but with a differnt name as many of us are not on just ocuk,.

Soldato
This guy is hilarious, I recommend everyone to look at his posts. Every single thread he's made has been a question (usually a stupid one like how to track USPS) and he's just trolled the entire lot.

He's probably loving this thread.

Associate
Well at least the guy (EVENTUALLY!) took people's advice, ran the benchmark, and even posted the results which showed his initial claims to have been rubbish - it takes a bit of maturity to be able to say "yep, I was wrong, this is my actual framerate".

As to whether 20FPS is playable, well, an acceptable framerate is more about what the individual player is willing to put up with rather than some objective formula like "if FPS>30 THEN="playable". I definitely wouldn't want to play it at that speed, but since dvdbunny evidently has been playing it and enjoying it then we must surmise that for him it's "playable". No doubt he'd get slaughtered in multiplayer by someone shooting him in the back while he was turning around and his PC was agonizingly trying to redraw the screen but in single player it's good enough if you're willing to put up with some choppiness. I'm sure if he saw it running at 50fps the scales would fall from his eyes and he'd find going back to 20fps painful, but what he doesn't know can't hurt him! :) I remember running Wolfenstein 3D on my 12MHz 286 - thinking back to how it ran I thought it was godly, but I'm sure it was far from it! Or trying to squeeze Quake on a 486 lappy, having to reboot into DOS to free up enough RAM to launch the game, and reducing the screensize to the size of my thumb, but I was still playing it cause I was 16 and frothing at the mouth at the thought of playing this fantastic new game and gawking like an idiot at how great it looked! :D

@dvdbunny: why don't you drop the stupid 4xAA? You'll find the increased framerate to be a much greater improvement than the marginal image quality benefits antialiasing provides.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Ok Guys i found out my motherboard is a SIS 649, i found i can only have a max of 2GB of DDR2 RAM. I can also use DDR1 RAM. more info on my motherboard can be found here

http://www.sis.com/products/sis649.htm

I think for the 2GB max i need 533Mhz RAM, can anyone tell me if that's right?

This mobo also has a AC97 audio controller built in, but i have seen upon boot up that their is a realtek 97 sound card in my PC.

Back
Top Bottom