i just got dead space 2 but i'm so disappointed

Soldato
You are a legend. That is really quite inspiring. I really can't help in anyway with what you require im afraid but just wanted to say you are awesome.

+1

The first game was terrible with regards to re mapping controls. I do it for all my games since I'm a leftie and use the numpad 8,4,5,6.

For Dead Space 1 I used GlovePIE to remap the keys on the fly.

Soldato
OP
thank u to all...

it seems like my mouse only works with it's own software for the top 2 buttons . i tried remapping a button to W with it's own software but the button doesn't work in game, but works in notepad ect :confused:..

the left, middle , right buttons can be remaped fine....

i guess i got to find another mouse for now with atleast 5 actions buttons on top and be in the price range of £30-40 and kinda small in size, which will be difficult to find...

Last edited:
Caporegime
I am amazed Gareth and never realised. Massive respect for how you do it, I;m not sure I could in the same ciRcumstances.

There aren't many things which surprise me on the internet anymore (well not after 2 girls 1 cup) but yoru video was amazing and I have nothing but admiration for you.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If you can use a 360 pad that works great with xpadder i use my 360 pad for mouse movements and buttons when im in bed to control the comp from a distance.
i've been testing that. but i find it difficult using the xbox360 pad for action games because you need to use both analog sticks at the same time (look,and movement)

Soldato
I can only reply with what everyone else has said, I am seriously impressed. I also want to try and help though. I use AutoHotKey now and then so have knocked up this really small script.

Download autohotkey from here: http://www.autohotkey.com/download/
Copy the code from here: http://www.paste.to/NzczNQ==
Put it in a file called "Deadspace2Remap.ahk" - location is unimportant but it needs to be .ahk.
Here's my small script to rebind R Mouse to w but I have also included example code so you can see what else is possible. The symbol ";" at the start of the line means comment - ie AutoHotKey ignores anything on the line with ; at the start as it's a comment about the code. Feel free to adjust as you like.

To run an autohotkey script you double click the .ahk file. This will run until you stop it (check the system tray for the icon and r click - but as I switched this to W it might be easier to shutdown the process called autohotkey.exe which will do the same thing).

Bonus edit: If you can re-map the keys that don't usually remap on your mouse to something autohotkey can "watch" it might be possible to double remap eg: remap in your mouse software usualbutton1 to Mouse4 then remap in AHK Mouse4 to X

Last edited:
Soldato
Truely amazing stuff.

Someone should send this vid to the developer to emphasize why fully mappable controls are important.

This and indeed link to this thread as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if most developers completely overlook the needs of people in a situation like Gareth is. I'm sure if they realised there are customers out there that require a simple ability to remap keys, they might change their minds about their approach. As someone else pointed out, not providing such a service could be deemed as discriminatory.

Man of Honour
If I was to suggest anything, I would go for a headset for the mouse movements and seen as you are so good with your chin something like the Razer Nostromo with the wrist pad taken off.

I have to choose very carefully anything I use with my hands, and ive had to customise lots of things controller wise,

But im not in the same situation as you, very far from it.

damn,

You rock!

Soldato
i've been testing that. but i find it difficult using the xbox360 pad for action games because you need to use both analog sticks at the same time (look,and movement)

Remap the left stick or whichever u like to use so that instead of moving side to side u look left and right and the up and down part of the same stick moves u forward and back instead of lookin up and down. I thought one of the sticks to move and the dpad to fire, switch weapons etc and ignore the rest also if u press the sticks down theirs a button too.

Or how about maybe get a wii controller and a bluetooth adaptor and use that? Well i know the emulator doplhin can do a wii controller on a pc im not 100% sure its doable without the emulator but i assume so. I bring this up because its not curved like a 360 or psx pad it would fit on ur desk thingy and its thin so u could use most controls as long as they dont need split second timing if u move ur head up and down the wii controller and since its thin u wouldnt have to stretch to reach as much i was thinking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom