• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i7 6700k Owners Club

Soldato
when i set ram using xmp, it would also interfere with cpu clock, so i just put details in manually for RAM

with older bios, i just upped it to 45X which gave 4.5ghz and left voltage on auto , it was stable and cpu voltage was 1.33v

when i flashed latest bios this changed, 4.5ghz , auto voltage it now gives 1.42v, so i manually set it 1.33v now with it at 4.6ghz

i dont use any of the windows programs, i like to do everything in bios so windows is clean ,

also all 6700k should get at least 4.5ghz at 1.3v

Soldato
Will try that when i can get into bios, just updated to latest bios 0802, and stuck at q code 32 :( update went ok i think, but when restarted having this problem, knew i should not have updated bios.

Soldato
i see there is a new bios MAXIMUS VIII HERO BIOS 0802, think im gonna hold off for abit, always seems to bring up new issues, and it resets all the fan controls,

and i just got another power supply to try, hopefully get rid if the coil whine , since i got the 980ti

Soldato
Yeh i cant even get past the 32 error now i have updated to 0802 bios, really worried, tried everything, memok,clrcmos,restarts etc, lost for ideals now.

Does this board not have a backup BIOS (like the MSI ones) ?

What does your mobo manual say this code means?

Last edited:
Soldato
No mate, been at this for hours now, tried everything, may contact overclockers support as this is my 2nd board, if i cant sort it, i may ask if i can change for a msi m7, wonder if my nh-14 cpu cooler would fit that board.

Soldato
No mate, been at this for hours now, tried everything, may contact overclockers support as this is my 2nd board, if i cant sort it, i may ask if i can change for a msi m7, wonder if my nh-14 cpu cooler would fit that board.

No problems with the cooler, that's what I've got in push pull. Thought about a closed loop water cooler, but they only seemed to be a couple of degrees cooler.

I'd give ocuk a phone. They are pretty helpful folks.

Can 100% recommend the MSI z170a m7 gaming. But not too sure how keen they would be to swap if it was because of a failed BIOS update. Cant understand why all boards these days are not dual BIOS!

Good luck.

Soldato
I just updated to bios MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ASUS-0802 , fine no issues straight forward

you seem to have a lot of issues whenever flashing bios, the main reason i bought this board was the fan headers and the option to control each fan, as i do like a silent pc, my last board gigabyte had none existent fan controls

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh im having a nightmare time, still cant get past post, sticks on error 32, can you tell me exactly how you updated, i done the below, anything you do different, did the 0802 bios just work or did it reboot a few times or anything ? what do you do exactly once blue light stops flashing.

this is how i update bios using usb flashback, first i press clearcmos button, then put usb with bios renamed on the stick that is formated to fat32, then i press the flashback button until blue light flashes, then i let go and wait a few minutes until flashing stops, then i take out usb stick, then start the pc, this is what i have been doing, is all that correct ? cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh im having a nightmare time, still cant get past post, sticks on error 32, can you tell me exactly how you updated, i done the below, anything you do different, did the 0802 bios just work or did it reboot a few times or anything ? what do you do exactly once blue light stops flashing.

this is how i update bios using usb flashback, first i press clearcmos button, then put usb with bios renamed on the stick that is formated to fat32, then i press the flashback button until blue light flashes, then i let go and wait a few minutes until flashing stops, then i take out usb stick, then start the pc, this is what i have been doing, is all that correct ? cheers

i just download bios from site and extracted the file MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ASUS-0802.CAP to C: drive ,

booted into bios , didnt do any clear cmos, my pc is closed in corner cant imagine they would make you do that for updating bios would be a lot of hassle - in bios Tools - asus ez flash 3, selected file from c: drive and it updated and restarted ,

its like you doing it different and guessing , when the flashing stops ? i think you restarted it when bios was being written ,

you need to follow the Asus Crashfree Bios 3 , to recover when flash failed or corrupted its in the manual , page 3-56

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh i am useing the flashback usb feature, put usb stick with renamed bios file on, then press the blue bios flashback button, it flashes for a few minutes then its done, all done with pc off, but on standby.

didnt need to do it that way, doing it within bios is easier and it shows you progress, thats where you been going wrong

Soldato
But thats how i have been told to update the bios, as its out of windows and the safest way, obviously not, strange it updates correctly thou, just wont post.

dont know who told you that , it is out of windows its in the bios, also in the manual it tells you how to update bios , which is using Asus EZ Flash 3 Utility check it yourself in the manual , its far the easiest way , no need to mess about with usb and going back of PC,

maybe if did this way wouldn't have this issue now

Soldato
Well one of the big selling points of this board was the usb flashback for me, does make it easy if it works, not in my case it seems.

i dont know mate, but i always flashed bios's in bios find it the easiest and quickest way , and that's what it says in the manual , also says if bios gets corrupted

The ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 utility is an auto recovery tool that allows you to restore the BIOS file when it fails or gets corrupted during the updating process. You can restore a corrupted BIOS file using the motherboard support DVD or a USB flash drive that contains the BIOS file

have you tried this ? page 3-56 in the manual, also if you keep touching the board, best to ground yourself, dont want to static damage any parts

also i have it running at 4.6ghz 1.32v , which seems a nice balance

Soldato
Nice overclock, yeh i tried crashfree bios on the cd, but course, i cant post to the cd/usb drive, after like 10 seconds it stops at error 32, like my first board did, will phone overclockers tomorrow, as my 30 days will be up in a week, then i will have to rma board to them and that takes a month :(, but the usb flash method when on standby is meant to recover you as well, but i dont think it may even be a bios problem, as it updates ok as i see the blue light stop after a few minutes, exact same problem as last time, and overclockers confirmed it was a bad board, maybe im just unlucky, i have heard of some people going through like 3 motherboards.

Soldato
Nice overclock, yeh i tried crashfree bios on the cd, but course, i cant post to the cd/usb drive, after like 10 seconds it stops at error 32, like my first board did, will phone overclockers tomorrow, as my 30 days will be up in a week, then i will have to rma board to them and that takes a month :(, but the usb flash method when on standby is meant to recover you as well, but i dont think it may even be a bios problem, as it updates ok as i see the blue light stop after a few minutes, exact same problem as last time, and overclockers confirmed it was a bad board, maybe im just unlucky, i have heard of some people going through like 3 motherboards.

mines been perfect , you will always get people getting issues on an product , if you imagine how much are sold,

im happy with mine , only issue is since getting the 980ti my PSU started to make coil whine like a buzzing when playing games, even tried bought a 1000w high end one and still get it although abit lower, i feel like i shouldnt have to live with this the amount of money spend and on high end product

Back
Top Bottom