• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i7 6700k Owners Club

Associate
So i've got mine at 4.6ghz @ 1.36v, reading this thread has brought up more questions than answers. :D

What CPU Load Line are people using? Mine is currently set at 3. Idle Vcore in CPU-Z is 1.376 and under load it goes to 1.344.

If I set Load Line to 2, the idle is 1.36 and under load it goes to 1.328. (I haven't had time to check if this is stable.)

Update: just tried it on Load Line Autio, idle was 1.376 and under load it went to 1.424!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh i meant with boost, so your 4400, is just a 200mhz overclock then, with temps like you get, you should get 4600 easily.

Yes it will do 4.6 ... if I set vcore manually at 1.35v but as I said "I like to leave it on auto if possible for the power saving features" :)

Looks like you've answered your own question re - high temps.
Glad to see that you've got to the bottom of it :):)

Though must admit that I'm a little surprised at the voltage it pulls at stock :(

Associate
OK

I have had a dabble in the Bios

Voltage manual set to 1.28

BLK raised to 102
Multiplier set to 43

when running intel burn test on high, its temps are 78 75 79 71 across the 4 cores

are these first of all high, and why such a difference between core 2 and 3

thanks Bowza

Soldato
bowza

Seem a little high to me.

See post #313 for my temps.

So that's yours running best part of 20C hotter with a lower Vcore.

Question.. what voltage is actually showing on CPUz when you are running IBT?

Associate
Mikeo

Your cores are also closer to each other i have a 9 degree difference between mine,

Looks like I need to invest in some thermal compound and clean off the corsair and apply new and refit cooler.

Bowza

Associate
Skylake%204500_zpstquo2dqo.png
[/URL][/IMG]So this is were I am now at

4.5 @1.312v

intel burn very high 10 pass's

temps 74 72 76 72 allot closer to each other than when i was messing with base clock

Bowza

Last edited:
Soldato
Bowza

Looking better. I'd be quite happy with that myself.

Out of interest. Did you go with the one grain of rice application method for the new thermal paste? Never failed me before. Tried the grizzly bear stuff from ocuk this time round and it appears pretty good.

Soldato
To be fair to Overclockers Intel has made a right pigs ear with supplying Skylake. It wouldn't surprise me, if like a fair few companies, have to pay more for the chips.

Back
Top Bottom