i7 Skeleton build and mod log

Associate
OP
If the new LED's are the same voltage as the ones you're replacing then it's just a case of swapping them over. If they are different voltages then you'll probably have to add resistors into the circuit.

Ok, but how do I know what the values are for the ones I have in the system at present (come to think of it the ones I have in the bag don't have values on them either

Associate
Ok, but how do I know what the values are for the ones I have in the system at present (come to think of it the ones I have in the bag don't have values on them either

it should say on M (intert rest of name here) if you know their voltage, were there any spesifications with what your putting them into? (is it fan controller or switches?)

Associate
I'v build loads of logic ICs, if the ones in the system are less that your new you shouldn't have a problem (they may be a tad dim), it they are more there's the chance of blowing them so you will need some resistors
if it was a circuit i would live wire you some pics

HAz

HAz

Soldato
I love it!! I really hate that case but youve totally transformed it and made it your own. This is what i like to see in this forum, proper case moding.
Well done mate

Associate
Looks great all built up and finished, all come together and worked out really well. Good luck getting the lighting sorted out and the switches. You still not sure how to wire them up?

Associate
OP
Many thanks to all for the feedback and comments, it's made it even more worthwhile.

Still not sure on how to wire in the new toggle switches, and a big problem is goint to be the terminal that comes of the bottom corner, still nothing a dremmel shouldn't be able to sort. I've got an old multi volt transformer so I might have a bit of a fiddle and see what I can come up with. bit loath to suck it see on the PC itself incase things go POP.

LED wise the ones I have from "M" are intended to replace the blue power, HDD and reset lights currently on the rig, It's because the power for these lights comes straight from the mobo at the power block terminal that i'm hesitant to suck it and see there either.

All I need now is a new GPU to replace the 8800GTs I have in place, but waiting to see what Nvidia are going to release, hopefully before too long??

Associate
OP
dont know how i didnt see this thread sooner, i guess i have been busy...
good job on the case, i'm gonna have to pull my finger out now and do something more to mine!

Hi Bluntside, good to hear from you again. hows the rig?

Again many thanks to all for feedback, I'm giving serious thoughts to getting another and modding it. thinking of either going full on chrome, but would need to find the right paint, or perhaps arctic or pearlescent white with maybe another colour.

appreciate thoughts and ideas.

Associate
Never been a fan of the skeleton cases to be honest with you, but that's some amazing work and looks awesome, really nice workmanship and makes the case what it should look like :)

Well done man.

Associate
Hi Bluntside, good to hear from you again. hows the rig?

Again many thanks to all for feedback, I'm giving serious thoughts to getting another and modding it. thinking of either going full on chrome, but would need to find the right paint, or perhaps arctic or pearlescent white with maybe another colour.

appreciate thoughts and ideas.

the rigs not doing much really, been busy moving house so not had time to even switch it on! at soe point im going to plan having a couple of rads in place of the big fan at the top(if you get what i mean?). i need to make a frame first though.

Associate
OP
Don't go for candy red; that's mine, when I get round to starting it!

Not a problem Paul, You have first shout on the apple red. I seem to remember you were going apple red all over, where if I down that route mine will simply have red accents and be more of a raspberry, think like the sauce you put on ice cream type colour

Mmmmm Ice cream

Associate
OP
Just been having a bit of a clear up as the room has gotten into a bit of a state and came accross this bit of masking tape that was used in the spraying. I remember putting it to one side but had forgotten about it. Don't know why but I kinda like the stencil effect.

Also a picture of my "office" after i'd finished the build.

That's "office" as in "where I go to game and generally clock the twangers of stuff"

Photo0576.jpg

Photo0577.jpg

Photo0570.jpg

Associate
Haha, doing some proper modding during a build leaves quite a bit of mess behind doesnt it :p Did my dual loop build back in mid september and my rooms still got odd cable ties and bits of tubing lying around, seriously need to have some sort of clean up :p

Back
Top Bottom