i7 Skeleton build and mod log

Associate
OP
Well its all finished, took just over a month in all

Like I said at the outset, this is my first ever mod, and i've learned a few things along the way (especially about painting) I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out

Powered up last night, temps look good (as they are with this case), and the 1850rpm typhoon has brought things down another 3 degrees or so, and is not noticably louder than the 1450 version.

OC'd to 4gigs no problem and primed for a few hours this morning without problem. thinking of going to 4.2 but will let things sit for a while at 4gigs first.

Would love to know what you guys think, good or bad.

Photo0557.jpg

Photo0560.jpg

Photo0559.jpg

Photo0565.jpg

Photo0564.jpg

Photo0549.jpg

Photo0566.jpg

Photo0561.jpg

Photo0545.jpg

Many thanks to all that assisted with comments and advice along the way.

Next project will be a sonata III, It's piano Black on the outside, so thinking of going high gloss whiite on the inside with white braiding to match, but still mulling it over.

Associate
OP
any hints of where you got the LEDs from?

switches with yellow LEDs that are yet to be fitted came from states (i forget where) but they cost me a fortune to get over here. I have some other LEDs that I am planning to use to replace the ones in the power switch and HDD light etc but need to gen up on a bit of electronics first as I wouldn'y assume it's so easy as just swapping them over. They came from a popular retail park electronics components outlet

Associate
OP
Yup.

Not sure if I can post piccys of the LEDs in their bags???

you don't happen to know if it is just a matter of swapping them over do you? Just a bit worried as the switch lights are fed from the mobo.

Back
Top Bottom