i7 Skeleton build and mod log

Associate
OP
Now have the fans back together with the grill just resting on the fronts for photos

Still undecided though

what do you think guys???

Photo0493.jpg

Photo0495.jpg

Photo0498.jpg

Photo0497.jpg

Associate
OP
Yellow it is then

Actually could do with a little tech advice re wiring in the LED toggle switches I have. The ones currently mounted in the switch box were fairly easy to sus re what went into what re -ve and +ve etc

These though, are not quite so obvious, and annoyinly have one of the terminals coming off the bottom of the unit. It has the earth symbol on it, so is that -ve in a PC case? also, there is a what looks like a screw hole between the other two terminals marked with the same symbol so I might be able to use that instead saving me having to try to bend the other terminal round to make it fit.

I'm going to post another thread re this problem, but wondered if you guys had any advice???

How the existing switches are wired in, and the new switches

Image001-1.jpg

Photo0503.jpg

Photo0502.jpg

Photo0500.jpg

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Looking really good mate, any chance u can tell me how u took apart the gentel typhoons plz?
ive had a look at min and saw a really fiddlally hook thing holding the motor in? any ideas?

Associate
OP
Looking really good mate, any chance u can tell me how u took apart the gentel typhoons plz?
ive had a look at min and saw a really fiddlally hook thing holding the motor in? any ideas?

peel the sticker off the back, looking at the hub you'll see what looks like two little hook things, these are actually the spreaders from the what appears to be the worlds smallest circlip. using either tweezers or a pair of wachmakers screwdrivers, gently pry them apart and lift the circlip of. Be very careful as it's tiny and if it flicks off you'll never find it. Also a good idea to store the circlip in something white so you can find it again. I'd take mine apart to show you, but it really is a fiddle to do it.

Associate
OP
well still no real idea about how to wre in the switches so think will have to wing it.

Today has seen what I sincerely and solemnly hope will be the last of the sprayng. The toggle switch covers have come out rather nice (even if you consider all I was doing was changing from one shade of yellow to another)

I've also touched up the grill cover where its been cut etc.

Should have some photos up tomorrow.

All being well the final assembly should be starting soon

Associate
OP
Finally got to the good part, putting it all together.

Still a bit of work to do, the typhoon fan is drying so I'm using the PWM fan that came with the titan to get things up and running. Also have yet to attach the RAM cooler.

You'll notice that the Titan eventually ended up mounted cross wise, I did this as unfortunately when mounted traditionally half of the fan surface was occluded by the RAM cooler, not only that but it was very tight up against on the first stick of RAM being an open air case it doesn't really matter which way round it goes. as you can see even cross mounted it's still pretty tight.

Apologies for the quality of the photos

Photo0317.jpg

Photo0342.jpg

Photo0339.jpg

Photo0512.jpg

Photo0515.jpg

Photo0523.jpg

Photo0518.jpg

Photo0521.jpg

Photo0520.jpg

Associate
just putting it all togather now, hope to have some photos of the completed build before the night is out (probably should ease up on the beer)

hahaha i have work to do so i will probablly be up pretty late, so keep them coming to keep me alive :D

Back
Top Bottom