• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Associate
I think it was more along of the lines of not for beginners/unless you have the form completely dialled down because lets face it if you get them wrong it's not pretty.

Man of Honour
OP
:D

Yeah I was saying that I wouldn't advise them.

They're awesome, but very easy to get wrong. I try and make sure that someone can watch my sets whenever possible, just in case.

Man of Honour
OP
That's because you have dat der spaghetti spine :p

Good mornings, not even once*

*unless you are properly supervised.

I'm still really cautious with them. I started with 60kg for low reps, which is basically nothing for me, and have slowly built up over the last few months.

Man of Honour
OP
Your back is bending, like the aforementioned Italian pasta variety.

That and the bar is too high on your back. DON'T DO THEM

:p

LiE, GMs + RDL = ultimate hamstring destruction

Soldato
Your back is bending, like the aforementioned Italian pasta variety.

That and the bar is too high on your back. DON'T DO THEM

:p

LiE, GMs + RDL = ultimate hamstring destruction

Yet to try GMs, but I agree with RDL.. Can guarantee since I started doing them in 531, that I get hamstring DOMS for a few days after! :cool:

Man of Honour
OP
Training 09/07/12

I felt strong today, so I decided to beat that straight out of me by doing some additional work.

Squats 2x10x130kg - silly easy, paused the last rep. I so so eager to get going that I didn't warm up as thoroughly and as a result I felt my injury slightly more.

Beltless deadlift singles up to 210kg - just playing around with bracing. All easy, but I think this is some kind of beltless PB

RDL 2x10x130kg easy, even after the deads. DOH grip still not a problem.

Bench singles up to 120kg - I'm going to work up to a heavy single every day and add 5kg. There no reason not to be hammering my bench still.

Incline DB bench 2x10x35kg

Pull ups 2x10xbw+5kg

Dips 2x10xbw+30kg

HC2PP 2x10x55kg - first set was fine, but I tried tweaking some things on the second and ended up confusing and tiring myself out massively :D

Then me and Dom did LOADS of mobility and soft tissue work. Serious amounts of pain, but some good results. The additional beating didn't entirely work, as I still feel like I could have done lots more.

Associate
Training 09/07/12

I felt strong today, so I decided to beat that straight out of me by doing some additional work.

Squats 2x10x130kg - silly easy, paused the last rep. I so so eager to get going that I didn't warm up as thoroughly and as a result I felt my injury slightly more.

Beltless deadlift singles up to 210kg - just playing around with bracing. All easy, but I think this is some kind of beltless PB

RDL 2x10x130kg easy, even after the deads. DOH grip still not a problem.

Bench singles up to 120kg - I'm going to work up to a heavy single every day and add 5kg. There no reason not to be hammering my bench still.

Incline DB bench 2x10x35kg

Pull ups 2x10xbw+5kg

Dips 2x10xbw+30kg

HC2PP 2x10x55kg - first set was fine, but I tried tweaking some things on the second and ended up confusing and tiring myself out massively :D

Then me and Dom did LOADS of mobility and soft tissue work. Serious amounts of pain, but some good results. The additional beating didn't entirely work, as I still feel like I could have done lots more.

should train fighting sports,after you finish you always ....ed

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
That's some solid lifting ice :) I've yet to try deads and squats in the same session.

I've been doing DOH RDL and my grip isn't that great. 110kg is ok for 2 sets of 8 but the third set isn't so great. The main problem I have is 110 is too easy, do you think I should stick with DOH until it catches up? What I did last night was 2 sets DOH then switched to mixed grip.

Man of Honour
OP
should train fighting sports,after you finish you always ....ed
That sounds like a wonderful idea full over carry over to recovery and powerlifting.
That's some solid lifting ice :) I've yet to try deads and squats in the same session.

I've been doing DOH RDL and my grip isn't that great. 110kg is ok for 2 sets of 8 but the third set isn't so great. The main problem I have is 110 is too easy, do you think I should stick with DOH until it catches up? What I did last night was 2 sets DOH then switched to mixed grip.
Both in the same session isn't as bad as you'd think, you have to do it in comp as well so it's good to get used to it.

In that situation I'd actually strap up and use a weight that was challenging, then do grip work. I like to avoid mixed grip as much as possible, and at some stage I'm going to learn to hook properly.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'll probably keep plugging away without straps, I should catch up soon. I don't really have space/time for grip work. My mixed grip is fine for the weights I do so I'm just doing DOH on RDL for the extra benefit.

Man of Honour
OP
Fair enough.

Oh yeah, so I found out on Friday that my injury wasn't what I originally thought it was. I've actually had a small tear in my adductor insertion for two months :o

This essentially means two thing:

1) Going into rehab mode was definitely the right choice.

2) My performance at the comp was approximately 1.2x more badass, which actually puts my numbers in a much more respectable range.

Back
Top Bottom