Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
I don't think they're on commission but even if he was he was probably just trying to help. Isn't the 13" better specced too?

I intend on getting one the middle of next year - Will just go for the standard 13" all it will do is come with me when I'm away from home and drive my monitor when I'm working from home. Means my Windows Install can be completely void of work stuff :)

Not as standard, but the higher spec ones do. In all seriousness, he was definitely genuinely trying to help but it was odd how he wouldn't take no for an answer.

If I was like you and had an external monitor I'd probably have gone for the 13" one as well but I use my laptop for all my TV / films etc so a large, good quality screen and decent speakers was the most important thing to me. A bit extravagant of me for sure, but I rarely treat myself :p

Soldato
Not as standard, but the higher spec ones do. In all seriousness, he was definitely genuinely trying to help but it was odd how he wouldn't take no for an answer.

If I was like you and had an external monitor I'd probably have gone for the 13" one as well but I use my laptop for all my TV / films etc so a large, good quality screen and decent speakers was the most important thing to me. A bit extravagant of me for sure, but I rarely treat myself :p

You work for your money it's yours to chose what to do with - They're nice machines - Overpriced but nice machines, you will struggle to have a windows machine work over 5 years, yes, some do but they're not particularly fast and it's rare, take a look at the MM and you'll see plenty of old mac devices running perfectly after 5 years.

Anyway enough side tracking. I bought an Echo Dot from the MM and a Harmony. Photos uploading now :cool:

e; Photo

bcBuCbZh.jpg

This stuff has me hooked. "Alexa turn on the TV" proceeds to turn on my amp, select the correct input, turn on my Sky+HD box, select a preset channel and also obviously turn on my TV and ensure that the correct input has been selected - Epic!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Treat my self to an Xbox One S and Alienware PC

IMG_0067.jpg

Permabanned
It's the old first gen but;

i5 4590T
250GB SSD
GTX 860
8GB Ram

The new one is exactly the same bar a 960 and newer i5 cost me £250 immaculate too, brilliant little machine, has Bluetooth so can use my One S controller. Comes with the older 360 controller.

Soldato
It's the old first gen but;

i5 4590T
250GB SSD
GTX 860
8GB Ram

The new one is exactly the same bar a 960 and newer i5 cost me £250 immaculate too, brilliant little machine, has Bluetooth so can use my One S controller. Comes with the older 360 controller.

Looks really good, bargain price that too. Could do with one myself but would really like a 1060 in it.

Permabanned
Yeah it's half the size of the Xbox but quicker and quieter:) The GPU is decent enough to play most games high at 1080p, it's about 20% overclocked though.

I think the R2 you can swap GPUs so maybe that can take a 1060.

Soldato
XtDd9or.jpg

Radio Scanner. It's been a while since I dipped my toes in this. A lot of services have gone encrypted, but still fun. The free PC software available has made programming and labeling of known frequencies easy and fast.

Going to replace the aerial for a higher gain one next week.

Commissario
Oh man, I've had a few scanners over the years - I get frustrated by them eventually.

I've set up banks on the 5100 with the common frequencies for LHR, STN, LGW and LCY and scan them from time to time, can be quite interesting for a few minutes at a time.

Soldato
This is one of my all time favourite topics in this forum, if anything, it's a good window into cool stuff that others are buying that I might buy also and I wouldn't say am rich, far from it, I also don't think I show off with my stuff, just sharing things.

Back
Top Bottom