Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
How is the G403? I use a G400 at work which is great and and wondering as my aging MX518 at home could do with replacing at some point
I'm really happy with it so far, it feels more comfortable than my G400 after using it for a while. The mouse wheel is silent and runs smoothly, unlike my G400 wheel that feels rough and loud in comparison (this could be due to age as I got the G400 years ago, but the MX518 was the same). The side buttons are less pronounced so that will take some getting used to. I have yet to properly try it in an FPS game, but i'm sure it'll be decent.

The rgb lighting can be turned off if you don't like lighting, or you can just have the logo or just the mouse wheel.

Soldato
I'm really happy with it so far, it feels more comfortable than my G400 after using it for a while. The mouse wheel is silent and runs smoothly, unlike my G400 wheel that feels rough and loud in comparison (this could be due to age as I got the G400 years ago, but the MX518 was the same). The side buttons are less pronounced so that will take some getting used to. I have yet to properly try it in an FPS game, but i'm sure it'll be decent.

The rgb lighting can be turned off if you don't like lighting, or you can just have the logo or just the mouse wheel.

Thanks for the reply, it may have to go on my wishlist, still a shame they stopped doing the MX518, it was a lovely mouse and a total bargain!!

Soldato
Thanks for the reply, it may have to go on my wishlist, still a shame they stopped doing the MX518, it was a lovely mouse and a total bargain!!

Yeah they were great. Back when mice were like £25, rather than £60! I managed to get this mouse from ebay for £35 inc delivery and it seems pretty much brand new bar a small mark, so not too bad.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Wise pro-tip to any Trove wallet owners out there. Never wash it! I managed to smear some sauce or something on mine so thought I'd just wash it under the tap, then wipe it with a leather wipe.

Big mistake. The leather got crinkly and shrunk slightly so the card edges are more exposed.

So ended up ordering a new one.

rps20170927_194813_404.jpg

All is not lost though, they've revised the interior pocket label bit with a vinyl heat seamed thing that no longer frays as your fingernails rub against it when getting out receipts/cards etc

Soldato
Wise pro-tip to any Trove wallet owners out there. Never wash it! I managed to smear some sauce or something on mine so thought I'd just wash it under the tap, then wipe it with a leather wipe.

Big mistake. The leather got crinkly and shrunk slightly so the card edges are more exposed.

So ended up ordering a new one.

rps20170927_194813_404.jpg

All is not lost though, they've revised the interior pocket label bit with a vinyl heat seamed thing that no longer frays as your fingernails rub against it when getting out receipts/cards etc

My Trove went through the washing machine with about a week of me getting it, managed to survive ok though. They've got a new one launching in Nov, with a tab to pull out cards.

Caporegime
It's a card holder not a wallet, the companies that make them realised that if they rebranded them as futuristic/minimal wallets then hipsters would pay through the nose for them lol.

So you carry a card holder, to hold your cards. But what about cash? For that you need to carry a wallet. So why not just carry a wallet which also holds cards?

What about receipts? WHERE DO THE RECEIPTS GO?!!?!!?!?!

My brain, it hurts :(

This thing makes no sense!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
My God, do you have a stand for your wallet?

It's a smartphone stand. it just looked better for photo purposes.

It's a card holder not a wallet, the companies that make them realised that if they rebranded them as futuristic/minimal wallets then hipsters would pay through the nose for them lol.

So you carry a card holder, to hold your cards. But what about cash? For that you need to carry a wallet. So why not just carry a wallet which also holds cards?

Not a hipster here, don't even have an iDevice :p I do however like minimalist things, and the slimmer the card holder the better for my uses, plus, it slips inside my centre console like a glove:

rps20170928_105105_318.jpg

Basically I'm just tired of large chunky wallets. I never carry cash around other than maybe a tenner or a fiver, and those fold nicely inside a card wallet, as do receipts.

Cash/Receipts have their own pockets:

rps20170928_110954_206.jpg

Soldato

cash???
receipts??

What are those things you speak of??

I've used a minimalist wallet for years now - takes up to 6 cards, small bit for cash. Job done. Everything else is contactless/account on phone etc. Receipts go straight in the bin.

Hardly ever both with cash - pretty much only ever use cash on a night out.

Caporegime
cash???
receipts??

What are those things you speak of??

I've used a minimalist wallet for years now - takes up to 6 cards, small bit for cash. Job done. Everything else is contactless/account on phone etc. Receipts go straight in the bin.

Hardly ever both with cash - pretty much only ever use cash on a night out.

Receipts are needed here. :p

Associate
Are you even a real man if you dont have a wallet stuffed with receipts for things you bought years ago, dont own anymore, or never really needed the receipt for anyway?

Back
Top Bottom